Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK. This will be clogged with french fries, m&ms, and who knows what else in no time. :LOL:

On the plus side, this kinda rekindles the notion that cooled front seats is very much possible.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They look so gross! Honestly please, please, please Ford move the vents to the center floor console or the panels next to the seats.
And as mentioned, what happens if water, car junk etc gets dropped down in there? Do your vents break or lose power?

Please move the vents to the center console

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank the Lord!!!!

You guys are amazing. (y)

Now that I know that - I really like the idea of an additional mat on top of the rubberized floor. Just protects things even more.

Just seems like the interface near the A/C vents is a little imperfect still.

And also - this means we haven't seen a picture of the A/C vent area WITHOUT the additional floor mat that's in these pictures... Would be worth to see so we know the TRUE interface / design around the A/C vents without said mat.

I don't believe it will be a problem, I'm just curious really.
No. The OP's pictures clearly show the vent area WITH the floor mat on top of the rubber floor. To me it actually looks like the lip that protects the air vent from water intrusion is part of the mat and not the rubber floor.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Washout floor, rubber floor mats, rear AC / heat air vents in 4 door Bronco Overland build 1602179492725

Even Jeep figured out rear vent placement on the Wrangler. Note: These are ugly as hell.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree!!! This looks like the winning entry in the "ugliest/afterthought vent design" contest. Forget water, the Pepperidge farm Goldfish that my son will load those holes up with is the real problem (to say nothing of McDonald's Fries and various coins and dog biscuits). Hopefully there will be some grating/grille over the holes but being that they are located on the deck, I don't think they'll help much.

I also think that the all weather floor mat will need to be modified or half of the cold air will be cooling the space between the floor and the floor mat and NOT the people back there trying to stay cool.

Good Grief!!!!!!
Easy, just get rid of the kid. You’ll have more money to spend too.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. The OP's pictures clearly show the vent area WITH the floor mat on top of the rubber floor. To me it actually looks like the lip that protects the air vent from water intrusion is part of the mat and not the rubber floor.
No sure what you're saying "no" to?

Yes - I agree we see the vent area with the floor mat - and the lip of the mat is protecting the air vent from water intrusion.

SO - we still have not seen the vents with NO mat - and what the overall floor landscape looks like without the mat in this area.

Seeing without the mat will be the true tell of if we should worry about getting water in there or not...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has already said it won’t be an issue and was designed to not go in the vent. Worrying about water getting in a vent 9+ months before the car is even in your driveway is just unnecessary stress.