Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really great vents if you have hot ankles.
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank the Lord!!!!

You guys are amazing. (y)

Now that I know that - I really like the idea of an additional mat on top of the rubberized floor. Just protects things even more.

Just seems like the interface near the A/C vents is a little imperfect still.

And also - this means we haven't seen a picture of the A/C vent area WITHOUT the additional floor mat that's in these pictures... Would be worth to see so we know the TRUE interface / design around the A/C vents without said mat.

I don't believe it will be a problem, I'm just curious really.
My 2001 Sport Trac had a rubber floor similar to the base XL trim F150 - which over 150k wore under my right heel until the padding was showing. Mat on TOP of the washout floor is a good idea for wear.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Washout floor, rubber floor mats, rear AC / heat air vents in 4 door Bronco Overland build 1DEF3BEE-A1B1-40E6-A1B1-A62B6F47B97A

These mats look specifically molded for the BD and BL. Hope the Base version has just as much coverage. Then I won’t worry about the carpet getting soaked as much.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because warm air rises...Ford has been using the floor venting for a very long time and works great in my books...non issue here, they could remove all the venting and it wouldn't bother me at all!
living somewhere winter comes but one day a year the direction of hot air travel is the problem...

Sponsored

Deleted member 12854

Best look I've seen at the rear floor AC / heat air vents in the 4 door Bronco.

Ford Bronco Washout floor, rubber floor mats, rear AC / heat air vents in 4 door Bronco Overland build Greedo
Ford Bronco Washout floor, rubber floor mats, rear AC / heat air vents in 4 door Bronco Overland build Greedo
1/200 ford’s aftermarket parts will be a rubber garden hose that fits on the end of the rear ac vents. The rear passengers may aim as they please

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So long as the integrated electrically chilled champagne bucket I was promised is there . . .
Better be gold flakes in the champagne or I’m cancelling my reservation. They’ve been developing this for years and they can’t give me 100% of what I personally want!? Idiots...

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In talking to Ford today, sounds like this wasn't some oversight or issues with the center console. They classified it as packaging. Which leads me to believe in future years you can get a higher trim class with center console air...
I would actually interpret that packaging statement by Ford differently. (Don’t think option packages.)
I think Ford’s packaging comment was addressing “packaging all of the a Bronco Requirements” into the vehicle’s frame. Space allocation becomes critical and more important requirements are given a higher priority for packaging space.
Perhaps based on the drivetrain, suspension, and BOF There was no room to package a vent “under the tunnel” and into the center console.
Utilizing the wasted under seat space in that scenario allows them to include a requirement: Rear heating and cooling, within the packaging constraints of the vehicle.
This crap gets complicated quickly with limited space, competing priorities, budgetary constraints, design language, etc...

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree!!! This looks like the winning entry in the "ugliest/afterthought vent design" contest. Forget water, the Pepperidge farm Goldfish that my son will load those holes up with is the real problem (to say nothing of McDonald's Fries and various coins and dog biscuits). Hopefully there will be some grating/grille over the holes but being that they are located on the deck, I don't think they'll help much.

I also think that the all weather floor mat will need to be modified or half of the cold air will be cooling the space between the floor and the floor mat and NOT the people back there trying to stay cool.

Good Grief!!!!!!
So many fishy crackers

Sponsored

dangerdave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Expedition EL, Bronco (not soon enough)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see what the big deal is. Similar rear vents to my F150. They work fine. How much time you guys spend under your seats?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would actually interpret that packaging statement by Ford differently. (Don’t think option packages.)
I think Ford’s packaging comment was addressing “packaging all of the a Bronco Requirements” into the vehicle’s frame. Space allocation becomes critical and more important requirements are given a higher priority for packaging space.
Perhaps based on the drivetrain, suspension, and BOF There was no room to package a vent “under the tunnel” and into the center console.
Utilizing the wasted under seat space in that scenario allows them to include a requirement: Rear heating and cooling, within the packaging constraints of the vehicle.
This crap gets complicated quickly with limited space, competing priorities, budgetary constraints, design language, etc...
That may be true. Just not sure what is in the center console that would preclude the curving the vents under the seat and into the console. Nether did the Ford guys... Maybe instead of a trunk monkey, we get a center console monkey!!!

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

living somewhere winter comes but one day a year the direction of hot air travel is the problem...
Seriously...which would be more effective?
(1) Centre dash vents directed straight back to the rear passanger(s)
(2) Conditioned air from the same source passed through a twisting narrow channel
Hint: It's not the "mini-van" solution! lol

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and cold air does what? I want an actual engineering, design or cost reason for their location being the floor, where they are susceptible to the elements vs the console
Why, who are you, that's a bit demanding, isn't itl?
I think cooled air would best be served directly through the front vents instead of passing through a warmed plastic winding narrow channel, finally escaping through the pre-warmed console, but that's just my opinion...
It's an SUV, not a minivan, jeez!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That may be true. Just not sure what is in the center console that would preclude the curving the vents under the seat and into the console. Nether did the Ford guys... Maybe instead of a trunk monkey, we get a center console monkey!!!
The console isn't really very big. You have the trans selector, storage bin, mirror controls and window switches on both front and rear. Pretty sure there's also AC and USB on the back end. That doesn't leave much room.
Sponsored