First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly this floor is turning me away from BD. I may not plan on spraying it at the car wash like I did with my CJ but I do want it to handle a little water. I think a cheaper trim with carpet that I can eliminate in the future might be a good plan, however as I type this I just thought about taking the seats out and doing a full final seal with a glue and then bedliner or raptorliner type coating up and onto any brackets or silly rear a/c vents(people in the backseat dont deserve a/c :ROFLMAO:). Just go through the whole floor and making sure its nice and tight at all edges. I dont know, the whole insulated soft floor thing to me just seems useless in an offroader. I bet the base model could have saved $500 on just double coating the floor paint and leaving it bareand throw in some cheap floor mats.
Sponsored

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So wet, moldy, and dirty carpet or rust between liner and floor pan? I didn't see that listed in the option descriptions.
This entire vehicle is made of aluminium or specialized high strength low corrosion steel......... except for the exposed iron in the drive train, suspension, and the standard steel underbelly/flooring. Without having a built in way to rust out, how do you expect Ford to get repeat customers in a timely fashion?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the other thing that looks like it will bug me is the drain plug is not shaped like a funnel when the plug is removed. there seems to be a lip so dirt / mud or silty water will always stay behind. no? you will have to always wipe that down to make it nice again. am I the only one thinking this?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was not impressed when I saw it. Looked like it wouldn’t withstand the test of time

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone with a 'luxury' carpeted badlands looked under the carpet? Would be nice to know what is there and share/post a few images. I am planning on removing 90% of the carpet
(storing it -all unused) from the leather seated badlands and do some detailed waterproofing.

Sponsored

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone with a 'luxury' carpeted badlands looked under the carpet? Would be nice to know what is there and share/post a few images. I am planning on removing 90% of the carpet
(storing it -all unused) from the leather seated badlands and do some detailed waterproofing.
Probalby washout floors so there is 2 places to hold water. Its the solution for better low COG so you can have a roof rack.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving this thread - I've used the washout floors and washed out mainly the driver's seat where sand and mud collect. This will happen a lot with me......so my question is the best way to washout the rear cargo area. I have a 2 door and the passenger rear seat removed. I can spray and direct water down into the backseat drain plugs, but some water obviously collects in the rear and goes out through the cargo bin (I pulled the plug).

I'm thinking of pulling the carpet off the cargo bin cover (that was not smart by Ford), and being fairly careful to not get water under the rubber where there are holes for where the seat was. Any other advice? Would it be better to just get a full rubber cargo cover as shown earlier in this thread, and just pull it out and rinse it off?

I'm used to Armorlite in a Jeep, so........I've gotta make it as washable (low pressure water) as possible.

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have a Bimini too, but if a flash rainstorm pops up and gets past it what do I do afterwards? I have carpeted floors with Ford rubber contoured mats. The seats are also cloth. Just leave the top off and let it air dry?? What happens to the water in the well or even in the fabrics of the floor and seats? I didn't see drain plugs under the mats. The bimini will stop some, but rain doesn't always fall straight down. Trying to plan ahead, but mother nature gets a vote.
Thanks.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have a Bimini too, but if a flash rainstorm pops up and gets past it what do I do afterwards? I have carpeted floors with Ford rubber contoured mats. The seats are also cloth. Just leave the top off and let it air dry?? What happens to the water in the well or even in the fabrics of the floor and seats? I didn't see drain plugs under the mats. The bimini will stop some, but rain doesn't always fall straight down. Trying to plan ahead, but mother nature gets a vote.

Thanks.
Earlier post on pg 1 showed there are passive drain plugs on all models. Dry it as best you can like you would any car and it'll do the rest itself. No water is going to get trapped.

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Earlier post on pg 1 showed there are passive drain plugs on all models. Dry it as best you can like you would any car and it'll do the rest itself. No water is going to get trapped.
I'll look again , but I didn't see any. Wondering if they're under the carpet and if so, they're probably closed is my guess. Also, since it is carpet, mildew and mold may become an issue. I'm thinking fans or in the summer, let it air dry in the heat.
Sponsored