Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t sure about the exact details of the washout floors. Figured some might also need a better look.

Couple of noted things. Some are assumptions since I haven’t had the interior get filled with water. Soon.

They do come with carpet floor mats for daily driving. Water will get under the flooring. The plugs are under the floor steel and over the washout flooring. The air vent under the seat is in a low spot that will let water under the flooring and inside the vents. No idea how water between the floors and flooring will escape. I will have to dig deeper on this thought. I will lift the truck at work and take some photos. The plugs are attached. While this may work for not losing them, you could damage them with your feet when they are open. I will be removing mine during off road times. Lastly, do not put anything that cannot get wet in the back. Water will most likely get under the cargo cover often.

Driver side with included floor at installed:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 8DB5BE96-F1BE-4940-8E3C-871588DB34EB

Driver side with the floor mat removed:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look A10A665E-1D87-43E6-9771-5587364FE5C9

They are insulated and feel like foam underneath:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 25178EA6-20D1-4078-94F7-E982C6A99272

Closeup of the plug closed:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look DD01EB52-8758-45C3-B87D-EA07FDE07087

closeup with the plug removed:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 5AFE7146-61DE-4C4C-8A59-18EDFF453684

Front seat attaching poin:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 9C9A0554-7359-4002-A045-BD8AC532F356

Back seat attaching point:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 4DA858C5-873B-460C-B309-12C0473BF993

Rear air vent under the front seat:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look 1CEED906-C19E-4193-BA75-1F159475CF44

Rear cargo area:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look F3FB1C3E-2FB7-4B93-9247-CBA072C63FEC

Under rear cargo cover:
Ford Bronco Washout Floors - a Closer Look D0558181-C908-4986-8CBB-2735C04AA5B5
Sponsored

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was surprised when I finally saw it in person that it was just a rubber liner. Seems like a terrible idea that will trap moisture. I thought it would be like Line-X spray in liner and sealed to the body tub. I had the whole interior of the 71 in my avatar sprayed from the firewall to the tail gate. Awesome stuff.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have always wondered about water getting trapped in between the rubber floor and the metal. This confirms it will probably happen. This will be a breeding ground for rust and mold. Seriously second guessing the BD now. Maybe Amrorlite will make a full rubberized flooring for the Bronco like they have for the Jeeps.

Armorlite

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was surprised when I finally saw it in person that it was just a rubber liner. Seems like a terrible idea that will trap moisture. I thought it would be like Line-X spray in liner and sealed to the body tub. I had the whole interior of the 71 in my avatar sprayed from the firewall to the tail gate. Awesome stuff.
Would that add a lot of weight to it? I wonder why @Ford Motor Company didn't just use some kind of rubber spray liner to begin with.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post from another thread is very informative and addresses some of the concerns about drainage voiced in this thread..

I found this over at Bronconation.com regarding the flooring: https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/guide-washout-flooring-of-the-ford-bronco.5221/

The washout flooring of the Bronco is high on many customers’ wish lists, especially those who plan on using their vehicle in the dirt and mud. Drain plugs may be a non-negotiable option for some, yet nearly everyone would say they are a “nice to have.”

Washout floors with drain plugs come standard on Black Diamond and Badlands. To stick with the rubberized flooring on Badlands, you’ll need to keep the standard Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seating. Choosing leather-trimmed seating means moving to carpeted floors (which are easily protected with available floor liners).

Active vs. Passive Drain Plugs
Even carpeted Broncos have drain plugs. You won’t be hosing out a Bronco optioned that way, but Ford has added in passive drain plugs under the carpet in case water gets in to where it’s not supposed to be. There are six passive plugs in the passenger area of the 4-door models and one in the jack compartment.

plus-difference.jpg

These passive plugs carry over to Broncos with the washout floors as well. In addition to the seven passive drain plugs in the 4-doors, there are four active plugs. The reason for the passive drain plugs is to drain water that gets in below the rubberized wash-out liner – for example if you tackle an overly ambitious water crossing.

• Active-plug-1.jpg
  • Active-Plug-2.jpg
  • Active-Plug-3.jpg
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

Using the Active Plugs
Having MGV seats and washout flooring doesn’t mean you should douse the interior without care. Don’t flood the upholstery, and sponge or wipe down critical components like the dash.

Picture1.jpg

To properly rinse down your Bronco’s floors, use a low-pressure garden hose –– not a power washer. Aim for a flow rate of 10 liters per minute.
  1. Pull out the floor mats, if equipped, to get to the plugs. Rotate the drain plugs counterclockwise to “open.”
  2. A good rule of thumb is to spray each zone for 30 seconds at a time, to prevent flooding. Aim for the highest part of the zone first, such as the sides of the transmission tunnel in the driver or passenger footwell. Rinse the debris toward the drain plug.
  3. Let the water drain for approximately 30 seconds.
  4. Repeat if necessary and move on to the next zone.
  5. Take care of visible puddles with a towel/sponge so you don’t cause mold or corrosion to develop.
  6. Rotate the plugs to “close.”

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you end up getting carpet mats? Is this standard? I ordered mats when I placed 2021 order and will do so with 2022 but I want those all weather rubber ones.

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands came with rubber mats installed and carpets in a bag. Bag has not been opened.

In addition to this interesting original post, I would note that I have had some rain in the car with top down. A few days later, I discovered that the storage bin in the cargo area had about an inch of water in it. It was kind of a mess. Cleaned it out, dried out and let it dry in the sun.

It looks like there is a plug in one section. But i didn't pop it. There is carpet on the underside of the lid and that holds moisture. Bad choice and design on this storage bin as far as weatherproof.

I have since bought the Ford rubber liner for the cargo area and it seems like this should be resolved.

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The carpet mats came with the washout floor. I didn’t order them.

I agree on the cargo area 100%. The area I have blue tape in would be filled with water. I will dig everything out of those two areas for better photos.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seriously second guessing the BD now.
And go with what? What is your next choice? I'm torn between Black Diamond and Badlands, but I didn't choose those for the washout interior.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the floorpans aluminum? If so, I am not as concerned. If they're not, then this kind of stinks. It could be a very big problem in any high humidity states.

I ripped the carpet out of my Jeep years ago and it didn't go back in until I sold it. Not sure how removable the rubber liner is, but if push comes to shove I would rather rip it out and bed line the floors than risk corrosion problems.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And go with what? What is your next choice? I'm torn between Black Diamond and Badlands, but I didn't choose those for the washout interior.
My main reason for the BD was the MGV and washout interior. So I'll more than likely go with a Big Bend and save a little money.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are floorpans aluminum?

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands came with rubber mats installed and carpets in a bag. Bag has not been opened.

In addition to this interesting original post, I would note that I have had some rain in the car with top down. A few days later, I discovered that the storage bin in the cargo area had about an inch of water in it. It was kind of a mess. Cleaned it out, dried out and let it dry in the sun.

It looks like there is a plug in one section. But i didn't pop it. There is carpet on the underside of the lid and that holds moisture. Bad choice and design on this storage bin as far as weatherproof.

I have since bought the Ford rubber liner for the cargo area and it seems like this should be resolved.
Can you link this rubber liner you're referring to?
Sponsored