IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We may have unreasonable expectations of the "wash out" floor liners on the BD and BL. It's either this or carpet. The idea is to be able to easily wipe them down and clean the floors, and maybe a light hose or sprayer. Still is a big advantage over carpet if they'll need to be cleaned often based on how we use the Bronco. Maybe thinking about hitting the interior with a hose is expecting too much. I love the non-carpet rubber floor in my F350, but it still has insulation under the rubber floor. I've hosed it out, but carefully with light flow, not blasting it with a hose. Seems to be the same here.
This.

What is in the Bronco appears to be the same system Ford has used for many years with good results and they just added plugs. I think the plugs and drains are a great add.

My old Explorer Sport Trac had the kind of mat the Bronco comes with. It was easy to clean up mud and grease. The one drawback was needing to soak up any water with a towel. (The Bronco drains should avoid this problem.)

If your expectation is that you can flood the interior of the vehicle with this system you'll be let down. Your option is to remove your interior, spray the floor with bed liner, then reinstall your seats.

And for those of you that think this is all new, our 65 and 67 Scouts have floor drain plugs. It's an old idea.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wet, moldy, and dirty carpet or rust between liner and floor pan? I didn't see that listed in the option descriptions.
It's not an either/or choice. Washout interior has areas of carpet too! Rear seatbacks, sides of front seats... you can get both the mold and the rust ;)

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not an either/or choice. Washout interior has areas of carpet too! Rear seatbacks, sides of front seats... you can get both the mold and the rust ;)
Sweet... thought I was gonna have to settle for one or the other!

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my badlands the carpet that comes on top of the washout floors are pretty cheap and the rear mats are not mounted to anything so they slip around.

Ended up putting the rubberized mats on top of the washout, great fit and don't slide. Recommended!

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn’t sure about the exact details of the washout floors. Figured some might also need a better look.

Couple of noted things. Some are assumptions since I haven’t had the interior get filled with water. Soon.

They do come with carpet floor mats for daily driving. Water will get under the flooring. The plugs are under the floor steel and over the washout flooring. The air vent under the seat is in a low spot that will let water under the flooring and inside the vents. No idea how water between the floors and flooring will escape. I will have to dig deeper on this thought. I will lift the truck at work and take some photos. The plugs are attached. While this may work for not losing them, you could damage them with your feet when they are open. I will be removing mine during off road times. Lastly, do not put anything that cannot get wet in the back. Water will most likely get under the cargo cover often.

Driver side with included floor at installed:
8DB5BE96-F1BE-4940-8E3C-871588DB34EB.jpeg

Driver side with the floor mat removed:
A10A665E-1D87-43E6-9771-5587364FE5C9.jpeg

They are insulated and feel like foam underneath:
25178EA6-20D1-4078-94F7-E982C6A99272.jpeg

Closeup of the plug closed:
DD01EB52-8758-45C3-B87D-EA07FDE07087.jpeg

closeup with the plug removed:
5AFE7146-61DE-4C4C-8A59-18EDFF453684.jpeg

Front seat attaching poin:
9C9A0554-7359-4002-A045-BD8AC532F356.jpeg

Back seat attaching point:
4DA858C5-873B-460C-B309-12C0473BF993.jpeg

Rear air vent under the front seat:
1CEED906-C19E-4193-BA75-1F159475CF44.jpeg

Rear cargo area:
F3FB1C3E-2FB7-4B93-9247-CBA072C63FEC.jpeg

Under rear cargo cover:
D0558181-C908-4986-8CBB-2735C04AA5B5.jpeg
Glad I switched mine to leather with carpet and power seats , was fine in all my Jeep’s , that rubber flooring always looks dirty ,never liked it much

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one am very happy with the end result of my Bronco. I never intended to just get a hose and spray the thing out. If the mess gets big enough, I could bust out a bucket of soapy water and clean up just about any mess and be able to drain it out.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I for one am very happy with the end result of my Bronco. I never intended to just get a hose and spray the thing out. If the mess gets big enough, I could bust out a bucket of soapy water and clean up just about any mess and be able to drain it out.
-which is what it was intended for when conceptualized and designed. It was never meant to be filled up like a swimming pool :ROFLMAO:

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-which is what it was intended for when conceptualized and designed. It was never meant to be filled up like a swimming pool :ROFLMAO:
Swimming pool... hmm great idea, hot tub in the back of my Bronco! Lol

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be a weird request but has anyone put any third party liners (Husky, Weathertech, etc) over the rubberized Badlands floor yet? Are the contours the same as the Broncos with carpet?

Sponsored

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might be a weird request but has anyone put any third party liners (Husky, Weathertech, etc) over the rubberized Badlands floor yet? Are the contours the same as the Broncos with carpet?
I opted for the Ford all weather floor mats. Fitment is great, and I'm sure they will do a great job.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the contours the same as the Broncos with carpet?
No, the Contour is a totally different vehicle than the Bronco. They stopped making them twenty years ago.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe a thought could be to get some black silicone and carefully seal the areas under seat and around air vent outlets - doing a nice clean job of course? (dont know if that is possible or if it would make any difference as i dont have mine yet to look closer)

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm seeing concern about water between pan and liner -I get it. But how is carpeting a better option in that scenario? I believe the thought for this liner was for running through deep water or getting caught with your top down in a heavy rain. I don't see carpet having an advantage in these situations. Guess I'm missing something.