Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wondering if the washout floors from the BD and BL are removable and swapable. People have said it was softer and squishier than they thought it would be and now thanks to @bdub2you we have this photo.

Ford Bronco Washout floors. Removable/swapable? [PROBABLY NOT] 0039BEC8-C11F-4614-B03B-6BB9D493F283

Looks like the rubberized flooring is just a rubber carpet and completely removable. Drain holes are the only unknown (I think). Whatā€™s your allā€™s thoughts on it?
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering if the washout floors from the BD and BL are removable and swapable. People have said it was softer and squishier than they thought it would be and now thanks to @bdub2you we have this photo.

Ford Bronco Washout floors. Removable/swapable? [PROBABLY NOT] 0039BEC8-C11F-4614-B03B-6BB9D493F283

Looks like the rubberized flooring is just a rubber carpet and completely removable. Drain holes are the only unknown (I think). Whatā€™s your allā€™s thoughts on it?
Does that mean it will be easier for water to collect underneath, between the flooring and the actual floor?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does that mean it will be easier for water to collect underneath, between the flooring and the actual floor?
Yikes! From the picture yes, but that defeats the whole purpose of a washout interior. That would be like putting carpet on the back of the seat... oh wait! šŸ˜³

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without the opportunity to inspect it, I suspect that the washout flooring is basically just a water proof layer that replaces the normal carpet layer... and then there are the drain plugs that pass through it (instead of just existing underneath it somewhere).

So, you wont get a soggy carpet, and you can pull the plug to drain the water that collects... but you still have the matting that you would normally find under the carpet of a normal car.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without the opportunity to inspect it, I suspect that the washout flooring is basically just a water proof layer that replaces the normal carpet layer... and then there are the drain plugs that pass through it (instead of just existing underneath it somewhere).

So, you wont get a soggy carpet, and you can pull the plug to drain the water that collects... but you still have the matting that you would normally find under the carpet of a normal car.
I guess if it has an anti fungal agent applied to it, that might keep the water that gets around it from becoming green and stinky. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ill let you know how long it takes me to swap out the the washable floor for my carpeted First Edition floor as soon as I find a wrecked BD or BL. Frankly it should be pretty easy.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a little concerning. Not what I expected. Could probably do a better job with aftermarket stuff like the jeep guys do. I just changed my trim from a BD to base w/ a bunch of BD options. Don't see the point of spending an extra $5k for MV, grab handles and rubber flooring. Rather take the money I save and just get better aftermarket stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.