TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not how I envisioned it, but I'm also not sure why I didn't. Will have to do some inspecting and, while I won't likely change the flooring and do a different lining, and it wouldn't cause me to change my options, it may change how heavily I ever "wash out" the washout interior.

Hmmm...
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a little concerning. Not what I expected. Could probably do a better job with aftermarket stuff like the jeep guys do. I just changed my trim from a BD to base w/ a bunch of BD options. Don't see the point of spending an extra $5k for MV, grab handles and rubber flooring. Rather take the money I save and just get better aftermarket stuff
I would've changed my trim, but I really wanted the high package. I don't know enough about trucks to change anything myself :(

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... this bums me out. I was thinking I wouldnā€™t need to rip anything out and pay for Line-X. I think I would rather have carpet to be honest.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My old JK came with carpeting which I very easily removed and stored and underneath the carpeting were the drain plugs. Always seemed odd to me. I left the carpeting out and just put in Weather Tec type mats so I could get to the plugs easily. I kind of figured that the Bronco might be the same way so didn't lose too much sleep about upgrading to leather seating and "losing" the washout flooring because whether it is wash out flooring or carpeting, I will likely remove either.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wondering if the washout floors from the BD and BL are removable and swapable. People have said it was softer and squishier than they thought it would be and now thanks to @bdub2you we have this photo.

0039BEC8-C11F-4614-B03B-6BB9D493F283.jpeg

Looks like the rubberized flooring is just a rubber carpet and completely removable. Drain holes are the only unknown (I think). Whatā€™s your allā€™s thoughts on it?
I don't know what this picture you posted is from but here is Ford's picture of the front flooring with washout floors. The rear floor is similar.
Ford Bronco Washout floors. Removable/swapable? [PROBABLY NOT] Black Diamond Floor

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know what this picture you posted is from but here is Ford's picture of the front flooring in a Black Diamond with washout floors.
Black Diamond Floor.jpg
I swear people love to worry about the dumbist shit the hard floor is just like you posted that other pic who knows what the hell that was could of been pre production. I for one am glad I got the rubber floor I hope all the people that are getting carpet take in to consideration that if there are water leaking problems like keep has then the carpet will smell like mildew at least with wash out hard rubber floor no worries. I was told bye a bunch of old timers any thing that has a removable top usually leaks at some point hope this isent true

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even with a completely sealed non leaking top, there will always be the chance of getting caught in a downpour with the top down/off.

I eventually pulled the carpet out of my jeep and Rhino-Lined the entire thing.
A family member has the rubber floor in an F150 and its very good quality, has no issues after years of use and looks just like the picture above from Ford.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swear people love to worry about the dumbist shit the hard floor is just like you posted that other pic who knows what the hell that was could of been pre production. I for one am glad I got the rubber floor I hope all the people that are getting carpet take in to consideration that if there are water leaking problems like keep has then the carpet will smell like mildew at least with wash out hard rubber floor no worries. I was told bye a bunch of old timers any thing that has a removable top usually leaks at some point hope this isent true
In 9 years my JK's roof never leaked and I took it off and put it on a million times. $55,000 vehicles shouldn't leak. Jeeps make their vehicle with carpet, it will be alright if people have carpeting.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what this picture you posted is from but here is Ford's picture of the front flooring with washout floors. The rear floor is similar.
Ford Bronco Washout floors. Removable/swapable? [PROBABLY NOT] Black Diamond Floor
My pic was from a dealer tour preproduction vehicle. Your pic is from Ford marketing. Final production will come soon enough. Canā€™t imagine theyā€™d show people something too far off from the final production version during the tour though.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 9 years my JK's roof never leaked and I took it off and put it on a million times. $55,000 vehicles shouldn't leak. Jeeps make their vehicle with carpet, it will be alright if people have carpeting.
My JK from day one leaked... and in weird ways. It would be parked in my driveway. After a day of rain nothing... then the following day of rain it hadnā€™t been driven and thereā€™s 1ā€ of standing water in the footwell.

I chased new trim pieces, replaced gaskets, reseated tops, etc etc etc.

You think you solved it and then you get in one day and youā€™re soggy again.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

If I remember tomorrow Iā€™ll take some close up pictures of one of our Ford fleet vehicles with the rubberized flooring... I imagine how it could be similar to whatā€™s in the Bronco to a certain extent.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My JK from day one leaked... and in weird ways. It would be parked in my driveway. After a day of rain nothing... then the following day of rain it hadnā€™t been driven and thereā€™s 1ā€ of standing water in the footwell.

I chased new trim pieces, replaced gaskets, reseated tops, etc etc etc.

You think you solved it and then you get in one day and youā€™re soggy again.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

If I remember tomorrow Iā€™ll take some close up pictures of one of our Ford fleet vehicles with the rubberized flooring... I imagine how it could be similar to whatā€™s in the Bronco to a certain extent.
That is bizarre. Hopefully no one has those problems. Good thing I keep my vehicles in my garage.ā˜ŗ
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.