Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is bizarre. Hopefully no one has those problems. Good thing I keep my vehicles in my garage.☺
We don’t have a ton of garages in my town... wasn’t a priority when these houses were being built 300 years ago.

(Okay, well, my house is only 45 years old... but still no garage.)

;)
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm this is interesting, I would think the water would just drain right out the designated holes and that is that, would be a major bummer if it leaked elsewhere under the rubber floor and into its matting. . .

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm this is interesting, I would think the water would just drain right out the designated holes and that is that, would be a major bummer if it leaked elsewhere under the rubber floor and into its matting. . .
I still think that’s how it’s designed to work... it’s just that sandwiched between the rubber floor and the metal floor pan of the body is standard noise and vibration insulation mat.

The drain holes exist as a pass through, so the water is stopped by the rubber layer and channeled to the drain, rather than being absorbed or allowed to seep under something.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It likely had a provision to get rid of water even if it gets under the rubber ... maybe think of it like a tile shower is made. Water gets under the tile, but stops at the membrane underneath, which also goes down the drain. Yes, I’m only speculating that it’s made this way... but if I can solve the problem, assuredly a team of engineers can.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I going base squatch now?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is everyone freaking out? There's always Kitchen-Grade Linoleum

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even with a completely sealed non leaking top, there will always be the chance of getting caught in a downpour with the top down/off.

I eventually pulled the carpet out of my jeep and Rhino-Lined the entire thing.
A family member has the rubber floor in an F150 and its very good quality, has no issues after years of use and looks just like the picture above from Ford.
My 96 Bronco leaks from the windshield, the top on the rear is totally sealed fine. But they were all designed with a nice lip on em and a sloping side rail. Where there is water there is a way, eventually.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is concerning.. would possibly have ordered a different trim had I known that this was a removable liner type deal..
Yes, this is not great. My F150 fleet truck has a rubber floor that I hose out and it does not appear to be easily removed. What now?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It likely had a provision to get rid of water even if it gets under the rubber ... maybe think of it like a tile shower is made. Water gets under the tile, but stops at the membrane underneath, which also goes down the drain. Yes, I’m only speculating that it’s made this way... but if I can solve the problem, assuredly a team of engineers can.
assuredly a team of engineers can? Have you met any engineers lately. The ones that I know can’t run a hammer.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

assuredly a team of engineers can? Have you met any engineers lately. The ones that I know can’t run a hammer.
I’ve gotta work on my comedy routine...

I really figured someone on the floor or one of the drivers told em how to fix it. No offense intended to any engineers out there

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That picture op posted was of a preproduction the final product will not be like that not sure why ford is sending out these units to dealers the final product will be the nice hard rubber floor as advertised on ford website. Stop listening to fake news and freaking out over every damn thing or better yet someone tweet mike Levine for an answer I don’t have Twitter I always thought that was the thing between the twat and the shitter

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Hello Line-X? I'd like to schedule an appointment..."
Been there done that in my 1987 Bronco. I removed the rubber floor and had the entire tub sprayed with rhino liner in probably 1997. It worked great, but removing all of the sound deadening certainly made the truck louder inside and allowed more heat from the catalytic converter to radiate through as well.

I couldn’t see Ford doing a bedliner floor, I guess I‘m hoping for something durable and low maintenance. With as cheap as the carpets were in my 2020 Ford Raptor, anything has to be better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.