First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope I'm not the only one that wishes the washout interior and marine grade vinyl seats should be available on all models. With carpet and cloth or leather being an upgrade. I'm thinking since many of these will actually see some off-roading or at least the beach and trails, that many people would opt for the rubberized floor with drain plugs and vinyl seats. And it would probably keep the base price of each trim level down a little. It couldn't be that hard to make it available across the board. Someone needs to tug on some ears before they go into production. :cool:
Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope I'm not the only one that wishes the washout interior and marine grade vinyl seats should be available on all models. With carpet and cloth or leather being an upgrade. I'm thinking since many of these will actually see some off-roading or at least the beach and trails, that many people would opt for the rubberized floor with drain plugs and vinyl seats. And it would probably keep the base price of each trim level down a little. It couldn't be that hard to make it available across the board. Someone needs to tug on some ears before they go into production. :cool:
I'm getting a base and that option would be nice, but it's low on my "want" list.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do think it would be nice to make it an option on every trim, but cloth is the least desirable. If it was cheaper it would probably already be on the base and not higher models.
i can see them offering it as an option, if cloth is less desirable then they aren’t giving marine vinyl as base for everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do think it would be nice to make it an option on every trim, but cloth is the least desirable. If it was cheaper it would probably already be on the base and not higher models.

i can see them offering it as an option, it cloth is less desirable and they aren’t giving marine vinyl as base for everyone.
I could even deal with cloth seats with some neoprene seat covers thrown on if they made the rubberized floor standard and carpet and option. It's an option on the XL and STX F-150. Rubberized floors are standard.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The floors are a no brainer, vinyls sounds like extra cost. But have color choices as part of the option, more for multicolor .

Feeds into the personalizatio philosophy.

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see it happening in future years. It was one of the big draws for me with Badlands. I do a lot of outdoor/dirty activities and cloth/leather would be compromised in a second.

GreenMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

While I agree with you that the option to wash out the floor, seats, and drain is awesome I think Ford has done their homework on buyers and determined the majority are probably never going off-roading more than parking at a soccer field and want the carpet instead.

The rubber floors and vinyl seats is why I'm looking at the Black Diamond package.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I agree with you that the option to wash out the floor, seats, and drain is awesome I think Ford has done their homework on buyers and determined the majority are probably never going off-roading more than parking at a soccer field and want the carpet instead.

The rubber floors and vinyl seats is why I'm looking at the Black Diamond package.
I was too. But it's honesty more than I need. I'd like a Big Bend or Outer Banks with the washout interior.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am going base and sasquatch, 2.7, the rest I will customize, but a quality set of neoprene covers will go on along with weathertech mats in mine, regardless if I can option the vinyl/no carpet in the Base.

IMO, the carpet will help with road noise, especially if your are on 35'MTs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going base and sasquatch, 2.7, the rest I will customize, but a quality set of neoprene covers will go on along with weathertech mats in mine, regardless if I can option the vinyl/no carpet in the Base.

IMO, the carpet will help with road noise, especially if your are on 35'MTs.
You know I was thinking about road noise. If you look at the pics of rubberized flooring it looks like it may be a thick rubber. Not just a thin sheet of vinyl like the base F-150. If it is thicker that would really help with road noise.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK, I am older, (early 50’s). I remember As a kid when vinyl seats exposed to the sun (top open) and sitting for a while could literally burn your legs. Do they have some special coating to Marine grade Vinyl that doesn’t feel like you are picking up a baked potato wrapped in tin foil right out of the oven?

i like the idea of being able to wipe them down with ease but not sure i want to always lay a towel down before i sit down.

i really like the rubber floor. Can you get the rubber floor with any of the seat options (vinyl, cloth, leather)? Or does the rubber floor only come with the vinyl seats?

Thanks

Htapy

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi TT RS
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah that the outer banks trim has full carpet and no option for rubber made it a no go for me.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My current Rubicon has full carpeting with drain plugs. I’ve had several inches of water on the floor boards, pulled the plugs, let it drain, theN sit in the sun and it was fine. I’m expecting my Bronco to be just as good.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current Rubicon has full carpeting with drain plugs. I’ve had several inches of water on the floor boards, pulled the plugs, let it drain, theN sit in the sun and it was fine. I’m expecting my Bronco to be just as good.
This. I was thinking about going with the Black Diamond for the floor but then thought about it. The amount of times my interior of any vehicle totally soaked hasn't been that many times. When it does get wet I just roll the windows down, open the doors, or if it's real bad I'll put a dehumidifier and fan in there for the night. I left the windows down in my truck last night in a thunderstorm. I realized about a half hour into it....didnt even bother rolling them up. Figured Id leave them down and it will dry out when the storm passed.
Sponsored