First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One potential problem is that the leather may come with the technology option. Would be a shame if you wanted the technology but not the leather and can't order it that way. Check the last sentence of the Badlands description.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 10.06.45 AM.png
Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. I was thinking about going with the Black Diamond for the floor but then thought about it. The amount of times my interior of any vehicle totally soaked hasn't been that many times. When it does get wet I just roll the windows down, open the doors, or if it's real bad I'll put a dehumidifier and fan in there for the night. I left the windows down in my truck last night in a thunderstorm. I realized about a half hour into it....didnt even bother rolling them up. Figured Id leave them down and it will dry out when the storm passed.
This is my thought process. The marine vinyl and drains are appealing, but my old TJ got drenched only twice and I just let it air dry. Also, the vinyl seats in my father-in-law’s boat get scorching hot. I think I’ll probably just stick with cloth seats and carpet.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did quite a bit of off-roading when I lived on the west coast, but the east coast has been disappointing due to all the privately owned land. I still really want the vinyl and rubber flooring so I can maximize the amount of time with top off and not worry about the occasional rain storm. I used to take the top off on my CJ in May and not put it back on until October.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was hoping it would be on the base. It is a priority for me. Carpet and off-road don’t go well together.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One potential problem is that the leather may come with the technology option. Would be a shame if you wanted the technology but not the leather and can't order it that way. Check the last sentence of the Badlands description.

Ford Bronco Washout Interior and Marine Grade Vinyl on all Trim Levels Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 10.06.45 AM
I hope that's not the case. I want all the tech with the vinyl seats and rubber floor

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I visited my local dealer yesterday. He’s also an enthusiast with one on order. He claimed that he spoke directly with his Ford person and was told that the vinyl seats could be optioned on all or most of the vehicles. And believes most options will be available on the trims. I’m taking this with a grain of salt for now which is why I’m burying in this thread instead of creating new.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure you’ll be able to buy the floor from the parts bin. The vinyl floor from the F150 is $200 from a few different sources. I’ll add it eventually. Taking the seats out should be easy. Especially on the base 2 door.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, I am older, (early 50’s). I remember As a kid when vinyl seats exposed to the sun (top open) and sitting for a while could literally burn your legs. Do they have some special coating to Marine grade Vinyl that doesn’t feel like you are picking up a baked potato wrapped in tin foil right out of the oven?

i like the idea of being able to wipe them down with ease but not sure i want to always lay a towel down before i sit down.

i really like the rubber floor. Can you get the rubber floor with any of the seat options (vinyl, cloth, leather)? Or does the rubber floor only come with the vinyl seats?

Thanks
Oh I remember the days of vinyl interiors. Or should I say my legs sticking to them. My 79 5.0 Mustang and my 79 Z28 both had vinyl seats. I'm not sure if marine grade vinyl is any different as I haven't spent any significant time on boats.

And no you can't get the rubberized floor with any seats. That is what I would really like to see. I'll take the rubberized floor with cloth seats and throw some Wet Okole seats covers on them.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m sure you’ll be able to buy the floor from the parts bin. The vinyl floor from the F150 is $200 from a few different sources. I’ll add it eventually. Taking the seats out should be easy. Especially on the base 2 door.
There might be more to it than just a piece of rubber laid across the floor. I haven't seen any mention of the carpet floors having drain plugs.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I am older, (early 50’s). I remember As a kid when vinyl seats exposed to the sun (top open) and sitting for a while could literally burn your legs. Do they have some special coating to Marine grade Vinyl that doesn’t feel like you are picking up a baked potato wrapped in tin foil right out of the oven?
Yeah, I used to carry a towel in my Jeep YJ because the seats (everything, really) would get so hot. But the vinyl seats were great when it got rained in.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There might be more to it than just a piece of rubber laid across the floor. I haven't seen any mention of the carpet floors having drain plugs.

I thought I saw something that stated all floors have the drains. I imagine the carpet option is covering them.

To me the washable and access to the drain plugs with the vinyl seats is the "upgraded" carpet if you will. So instead of fawn or light carpet you can upgrade to the dark stain hiding carpet that is in the bronco's case actually rubber with drain holes...lol.

Now, me thinking about it...if all floors have the drains (makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint). I assume there will be aftermarket or even dealer options to make the drains accessible. I don't know how awesome that would be with soggy carpet but then again there may be an option for that (instead of an app for that) at the dealer level.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I saw something that stated all floors have the drains. I imagine the carpet option is covering them.
At the very least I'd assume that the provisions for the drains will at least be stamped into the floors, which should make modifying a non-hose-it-out optioned Bronco into one with drains relatively trivial - though I'd still prefer to order one with the drainage provisions.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope I'm not the only one that wishes the washout interior and marine grade vinyl seats should be available on all models. With carpet and cloth or leather being an upgrade. I'm thinking since many of these will actually see some off-roading or at least the beach and trails, that many people would opt for the rubberized floor with drain plugs and vinyl seats. And it would probably keep the base price of each trim level down a little. It couldn't be that hard to make it available across the board. Someone needs to tug on some ears before they go into production. :cool:
You aren’t the only one. I would be very interested in this option when I buy.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Along that line, I wonder if Ford is still doing a 1 wire harness for all. For example my 94 mustang has both ODB and ODBII ports and wiring for the convertible top. The v6 was ODBII and the v8 was ODB(I) and the convertible top wires went to where switches would be installed and plugged in but in my coupe for example had a block off plastic in the otherwise active plug. It is/was done to have 1 harness to cut complexity and cost of having multiple versions.

I used the convertible top wire to add a side loaded accessory fuse panel (via relay and blade fuse panel) to power my n2o, bottle warmer, remote opener as to not hack up my wire harness.

If Ford is still doing this...there is a possibility the overhead switch panel will have the wires already ran to a point.
Sponsored