Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There might be more to it than just a piece of rubber laid across the floor. I haven't seen any mention of the carpet floors having drain plugs.
It has to be stamped into the floor. Ford isn’t going to have two different stampings for the Bronco floor.
Sponsored

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife had a low end ‘97 Wrangler, the floor drains were a standard feature. We ended up rhino lining the entire interior tub. After a day at the beach or anywhere else we filled the interior with as much as the exterior, the plugs came out and the hose went in. Definitely something I expected to be standard across the Bronco line when I saw it.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should unlink hardcore offroading with the need to have an elements tough interior.

I plan on only doing light offroading but this is a must have feature set for me. I spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking, road tripping, and backpacking. My most common car companion is a dog who doesn't much pay attention to what he steps in when we are on the trail. :D

I don't need a Badlands Bronco but I do need an easy clean, durable interior.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK, I am older, (early 50’s). I remember As a kid when vinyl seats exposed to the sun (top open) and sitting for a while could literally burn your legs. Do they have some special coating to Marine grade Vinyl that doesn’t feel like you are picking up a baked potato wrapped in tin foil right out of the oven?

i like the idea of being able to wipe them down with ease but not sure i want to always lay a towel down before i sit down.

i really like the rubber floor. Can you get the rubber floor with any of the seat options (vinyl, cloth, leather)? Or does the rubber floor only come with the vinyl seats?

Thanks
i want rubber floors in the base with drain hole. What would really be nice is drain holes with spray in bed liner and weather tech mats

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think a lot of people don't know how well these rubber/vinyl options wear. and even if you don't do off roading and carry kids to sporting events it's a good thing. once cloth stains or something is spilled on the carpets your screwed.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think we should unlink hardcore offroading with the need to have an elements tough interior.

I plan on only doing light offroading but this is a must have feature set for me. I spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking, road tripping, and backpacking. My most common car companion is a dog who doesn't much pay attention to what he steps in when we are on the trail. :D

darth Todd and section 8 agree 100%. If they dont make that an option on all broncos I will be shocked... shocked...

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One potential problem is that the leather may come with the technology option. Would be a shame if you wanted the technology but not the leather and can't order it that way. Check the last sentence of the Badlands description.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 10.06.45 AM.png
From the trim sheets on Ford's site, it appears the technology options are all part of the Mid, High, and Lux packages. These packages list leather trimmed seats as being 'available'.
Basically, everything I've seen points to the leather seats being a standalone option. You might be required to at least pick up the Mid package to make leather available, but I don't think it will be required for any package or other option.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope I'm not the only one that wishes the washout interior and marine grade vinyl seats should be available on all models. With carpet and cloth or leather being an upgrade. I'm thinking since many of these will actually see some off-roading or at least the beach and trails, that many people would opt for the rubberized floor with drain plugs and vinyl seats. And it would probably keep the base price of each trim level down a little. It couldn't be that hard to make it available across the board. Someone needs to tug on some ears before they go into production. :cool:
It looks like Ford is using a high quality, likely proprietary material, that they are calling "marine grade vinyl" that is similar to Subaru's new StarTex. It looks like leather but it water resistant and should wear well and not get brittle. Subaru is only using it in special high end trims (Onyx XT Outback and Sport Crosstrek), so it must be expensive.
Ford Bronco Washout Interior and Marine Grade Vinyl on all Trim Levels 2021 Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Seats Front

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like Ford is using a high quality, likely proprietary material, that they are calling "marine grade vinyl" that is similar to Subaru's new StarTex. It looks like leather but it water resistant and should wear well and not get brittle. Subaru is only using it in special high end trims (Onyx XT Outback and Sport Crosstrek), so it must be expensive.
Ford Bronco Washout Interior and Marine Grade Vinyl on all Trim Levels 2021 Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Seats Front
Yeah, these look good. Most people will probably assume it's leather. And the design of the seat doesn't look like it should contribute to any unusual wear.

Hoping for some good color options on these, as most of us probably don't want black or dark gray in the sun.

Also wondering what's being done to protect the electronics in the seat if you get that option.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, these look good. Most people will probably assume it's leather. And the design of the seat doesn't look like it should contribute to any unusual wear.

Hoping for some good color options on these, as most of us probably don't want black or dark gray in the sun.

Also wondering what's being done to protect the electronics in the seat if you get that option.
I personally like a dark interior, but I can see people in hot climates will want a light color. I'm just hoping Ford doesn't put colored interior accents by trim like it appears they are, I hope they use neutral colors (white or gray) or match it to the exterior color. I'm not thrilled about having the stitching or pipping on the seats and grab handles be bright blue on the Black Diamond unless I go with a blue exterior, but I'm leaning towards the Cactus Gray at this point.

Sponsored

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Vinyl really isn’t what it used to be. My wife’s Mercedes has the MBTex vinyl, I’d be hard pressed to differentiate it from the leather in my Fords.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here, for the millions of us who deal with snow, a carpeted floor is a totally nightmare. IMHO it shouldn’t be in any car. Also have dogs and I spill coffee all the time so I’m very excited about a washout interior

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

explorer st leather

b_5ecd5007c97fc_121994032_2020_Ford_Explorer.jpg

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i'm also getting the feeling we won't be able to get the vinyl and rubber on the base model

from a cursory glance from their site,. there's no option for leather on many base/low end models unless you move up.

i realize vinyl isn't leather, put they still might treat is as a premium upgrade to cloth and make he get the bd

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I suspect this ActiveX interior is what Ford is going to use as the “marine grade vinyl” it looks like what is in the 2 door test mule above. That’s somewhat unfortunate, I was hoping for something more like the light gray/white in the 4-door cactus gray with white top Ford showed off. This is essentially leatherette, and not exactly like Subaru’s StarTex which is more like an outdoor gear material and made from PET plastic.
Sponsored