First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Washout Interior and Marine Grade Vinyl on all Trim Levels 1595766219489

ActiveX ™ Seating Material. ActiveX is a high end synthetic seating material that is designed to fit perfectly into your active lifestyle, with its durability, stain resistance and ability to maintain a premium look and feel. Standard with the Fusion SEL.

BOF has a thread on this seating surface: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65256-activex/

2019 comment from the Expedition Forum: “It looks like vinyl, but most can’t tell the difference and it’s pretty comfortable and supportive. It feels softer than vinyl if that makes sense. It doesn’t have the natural grains that come with genuine leather and isn’t as quite as nice to the touch. Besides that it beats vinyl, most of the seat is vinyl but the ActiveX synthetic is the center portions. It’s all “trimmed” same as the higher end leather.”
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally like a dark interior, but I can see people in hot climates will want a light color. I'm just hoping Ford doesn't put colored interior accents by trim like it appears they are, I hope they use neutral colors (white or gray) or match it to the exterior color. I'm not thrilled about having the stitching or pipping on the seats and grab handles be bright blue on the Black Diamond unless I go with a blue exterior, but I'm leaning towards the Cactus Gray at this point.
I like dark interiors too, but I can certainly understand why some don't. More importantly, in a vehicle designed to have doors and top removed, I'd be a little concerned about heat and sun bleaching in a dark interior. Just hoping they have 2 or 3 options for the marine-grade vinyl.

As for the piping, I'm normally the same way - it's not for me. But for some reason I like it in the pics we've seen.

I too am curious about how much flexibility we'll have in matching our interiors with body and top colors.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No clue what would happen with vinyl when a car seat is glued on to it for a few years. Can you take a blow dryer to it like leather to get out the wrinkles? Not sure many people would know the answer to that since car seats aren’t on boats, and I can’t think or any other modern cars that have marine grade vinyl. So probably steering clear.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had another random thought:

Can anyone verify that with the washout interior the back of the rear seats is also rubberized?

Wouldn't make much sense to have all the marine-grade vinyl if the back of those seats is still effectively carpet. Even more of an issue when they are folded down - you'd want them the same material as the floorboards and cargo area.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Along that line, I wonder if Ford is still doing a 1 wire harness for all. For example my 94 mustang has both ODB and ODBII ports and wiring for the convertible top. The v6 was ODBII and the v8 was ODB(I) and the convertible top wires went to where switches would be installed and plugged in but in my coupe for example had a block off plastic in the otherwise active plug. It is/was done to have 1 harness to cut complexity and cost of having multiple versions.

I used the convertible top wire to add a side loaded accessory fuse panel (via relay and blade fuse panel) to power my n2o, bottle warmer, remote opener as to not hack up my wire harness.

If Ford is still doing this...there is a possibility the overhead switch panel will have the wires already ran to a point.
Good old maxi wiring, it was nice back then. not as prevalent as it used to be however. Newer Mustang harnesses are specific to the options the VEH was bought with. Lot of people tried to add the factory sub to a non sub application, as well as the active exhaust only to find the wiring wasn’t there. Here’s hoping it’s different on the Bronco.

Sponsored

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I'm not the only one that wishes the washout interior and marine grade vinyl seats should be available on all models. With carpet and cloth or leather being an upgrade. I'm thinking since many of these will actually see some off-roading or at least the beach and trails, that many people would opt for the rubberized floor with drain plugs and vinyl seats. And it would probably keep the base price of each trim level down a little. It couldn't be that hard to make it available across the board. Someone needs to tug on some ears before they go into production. :cool:
I gotta say that confused me as well.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone verify that with the washout interior the back of the rear seats is also rubberized?

Wouldn't make much sense to have all the marine-grade vinyl if the back of those seats is still effectively carpet. Even more of an issue when they are folded down - you'd want them the same material as the floorboards and cargo area.
I noticed the same thing... Seems like a no brainer.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think a lot of people don't know how well these rubber/vinyl options wear. and even if you don't do off roading and carry kids to sporting events it's a good thing. once cloth stains or something is spilled on the carpets your screwed.
The base comes standard with carpet. I don’t want to smell wet carpet moldy smell and trapping moisture underneath rusting out my floor over time. The carpet will have to come out. Hey ford give us a no floor covering option and spray it with bedliner for a 500 option

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The base comes standard with carpet. I don’t want to smell wet carpet moldy smell and trapping moisture underneath rusting out my floor over time. The carpet will have to come out. Hey ford give us a no floor covering option and spray it with bedliner for a 500 option
I did this with my 2000 nissan Xterra. Took the carpet out and put truck bed liner throughout with a few drain plugs. It worked very well for what I wanted.
But it was very loud inside. I was ok with it. But 99% of America would think it was too loud. Need more thickness or some type of sound deadening material.
Which i'm sure ford has done with the Bronco rubber floors. Like their trucks with rubber floor.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The base comes standard with carpet.
My guess is Ford's reluctance to put rubberized floors in the Base is due to their belief too many people would buy it. They're not making the Base to turn a profit - only for price point bragging. I think they'd be quite happy if NO ONE bought it.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess is Ford's reluctance to put rubberized floors in the Base is due to their belief too many people would buy it. They're not making the Base to turn a profit - only for price point bragging. I think they'd be quite happy if NO ONE bought it.
Yeah, and finding a base on a dealer's lot (some day) may be next to impossible.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did this with my 2000 nissan Xterra. Took the carpet out and put truck bed liner throughout with a few drain plugs. It worked very well for what I wanted.
But it was very loud inside. I was ok with it. But 99% of America would think it was too loud. Need more thickness or some type of sound deadening material.
Which i'm sure ford has done with the Bronco rubber floors. Like their trucks with rubber floor.
I had a 2000 xterra se sport leather and sunroof that was the wife’s. Had 456 gears from factory rear locker and rare limited slip front. I loved that vehicle

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

All of the Bronco Sport models except the base have this. Would make sense that the Bronco with the washout interior would have something similar.

Ford Bronco Washout Interior and Marine Grade Vinyl on all Trim Levels 878BB7FC-641E-4714-B569-A8461C533ADF

PapaJoeBRONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good point!

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm also getting the feeling we won't be able to get the vinyl and rubber on the base model

from a cursory glance from their site,. there's no option for leather on many base/low end models unless you move up.

i realize vinyl isn't leather, put they still might treat is as a premium upgrade to cloth and make he get the bd
From what I understand it starts at black diamond and because it uses the drain plugs it’s not really somethimg they can just swap in. Did quite a bit of digging around on this, otherwise I’d probably go with the base
Sponsored