Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm real sorry to hear this. For those recommending COBRA, I've found it to be terribly expensive. Not as much as paying cash for surgery, for sure. But still a tough pill to swallow.
Dirt cheap compared to paying for the surgeries out of pocket...and if he just needs individual coverage (not family), it's pretty cheap in general...like a Bronco payment for the month cheap.
Sponsored

llanier44

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 FX4; 2007 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you can finance through a credit union, that is the best bet. Usually lower rates and better terms.

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, did you have insurance when you were working or did you decline it?

Deleted member 21681

Sooo…. here’s my last 30 days.

I’ve been saving money for a few years, waiting for the Bronco. (Started the moment I saw The Rock driving that prototype in “Rampage”). Anyway, I’d saved enough to pay cash for this bad boy (which will be here sometime in the next 10-14 days), and then this last month happened.

1) Got laid off (“COVID reasons” 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄).
2) Tore a ligament in my elbow at the gym.
3) In a freak coincidence, a week later I completely ruptured my ACL playing soccer with some friends. (Surgery is next Wednesday).

So, now uninsured, I am forced to pay for two surgeries. I can probably hold off on the elbow one since I can still function, albeit painfully, with the jacked up elbow, but the ACL is a must repair ASAP. As such, I’m unable to look for new work until I can walk again, which is at least a few weeks to a month+ out, and I’m having to use up a big chunk of my saved Bronco money to cover the surgery/rehab costs.

Sob story, I know. Boohoo, poor boy wants his $60k Bronco and life happens. I wouldn’t feel bad for me either. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for some suggested financing options for a guy in my situation? Probably none, I know, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Sorry to hear it, man. Really sucks about the bronco money (and everything else!), but thank god you had been saving! It’s certainly not what you wanted to spend the money on, but imagine if you didn’t have it put aside. You did yourself quite a favor. Cars come and go, but this could have been the sort of hit that takes years to dig out of. I sincerely wish you the best.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father-in-law is a 30 year AF veteran, and we have USAA for insurance. I could give this a shot, but I feel like that’s taking advantage of a military benefit a little, isn’t it?
Good god, no. I've had USAA for all my services for years. They are a private company that specializes in helping vet families. In general having well off non-vet folks subsidizes vets that are overseas is a good thing.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are set on the Bronco now, finance it. Keep some cash in savings for emergencys. Do some research about Acl surgery recovery. It sucks! And takes longer than you think. I’m 12 months post op and I’m not recovered yet. If I were you I would pass on the Bronco and take care of your health first. Good luck! Wish you well!

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sooo…. here’s my last 30 days.

I’ve been saving money for a few years, waiting for the Bronco. (Started the moment I saw The Rock driving that prototype in “Rampage”). Anyway, I’d saved enough to pay cash for this bad boy (which will be here sometime in the next 10-14 days), and then this last month happened.

1) Got laid off (“COVID reasons” 🤦🏼‍♂️🙄).
2) Tore a ligament in my elbow at the gym.
3) In a freak coincidence, a week later I completely ruptured my ACL playing soccer with some friends. (Surgery is next Wednesday).

So, now uninsured, I am forced to pay for two surgeries. I can probably hold off on the elbow one since I can still function, albeit painfully, with the jacked up elbow, but the ACL is a must repair ASAP. As such, I’m unable to look for new work until I can walk again, which is at least a few weeks to a month+ out, and I’m having to use up a big chunk of my saved Bronco money to cover the surgery/rehab costs.

Sob story, I know. Boohoo, poor boy wants his $60k Bronco and life happens. I wouldn’t feel bad for me either. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for some suggested financing options for a guy in my situation? Probably none, I know, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Sorry about the calamitous injuries and retrenchment, hope you're able to get the care you need and be back up and running soon. Don't be shy about using the government safety nets. Corporations and businesses use them all the time to get back on their feet, i.e. bailouts. Make sure to check with your local social services office and some hospitals offer help with bills if you are unable to pay.

As for financing, most banks will want proof of income, but avoid loan sharks at all costs. Hope lady luck smiles at you after the sucky period you've endured.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s pretty good thinking, lol.
I agree. As long as you pay something even if it’s $20 a month, healthcare providers will work with you.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its' not a sob story, it's happened to many over the last year and will likely to happen even more given the current administration. I am sorry to hear of your troubles and I can certainly understand your disappointment and frustration but I will offer this advice. Don't buy the Bronco. Others will disagree but in your current situation your current blessing is you have a wad of cash to offset your lost income. This will keep you out of dire financial straights until you get your monthly revenue re-established. No vehicle is worth taking a big risk on your future. You can order another one later when the time is right. You have waited this long, another year wont matter in the long run. Your financial future is MUCH more important. Hope things turn around quickly for you and I am glad you have a nest egg you can rely on until things get better. (And they most assuredly will.)

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel bad for you! I hope you heal soon!

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry for that horrible luck, and the sad reality is it would be absolutely irresponsible to go forward with the Bronco purchase in your circumstances. I doubt any bank would finance you since you're unemployed and since you're going to be recovering from surgery you're not going to be able to get a new job during that time. Then when you've recovered you will have been out of the workforce for a while and it will likely take you a lot longer to get another job. I get how much you and everyone on this forum have been waiting for this, but in your position the only responsible thing to do is wait till you're recovered and employed again, and then order a new one.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could always go to Mexico for the surgery, it costs about 1/3 as much as in the US. ACL repair is a relatively simple operation. It is not as crazy as it sounds as plenty of uninsured people from the US go to Mexico for simple procedures.

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father-in-law is a 30 year AF veteran, and we have USAA for insurance. I could give this a shot, but I feel like that’s taking advantage of a military benefit a little, isn’t it?
The benefit exists for you to take advantage of it.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Buy Bronco Cash, flip it for 10 grad over, reorder, have money to pay for medical bills.
By the time you get your bronco, you will have new job and be healed up. You will be able
to enjoy it all and have it all.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pay cash for the Bronco as planned, stretch out the hospital bills to the end of time, like everyone else 🤷‍♂️
That's a better option. I don't see how you will get financed without employment?
Sponsored