First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1995 Bronco.. 2005 Jeep LJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering if that was a hill decent control test or something of the sort on the way back down. I would be pretty sure if it were an auto trans.
Sponsored

Jimbogee

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used to have an 08 JK that struggled to even back up my driveway. From what I remember reading back then, Wranglers struggle to go up hills in reverse. Maybe they are demonstrating that the Bronco does not share that problem.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the way down rear wheel lock then front wheel lock, must have been some auto pilot.
I think if it were me at the wheel it would be all weight on brake, solid panic try and hold.
Very impressive.
They were probably trying to demonstrate the practical benefits of the 95:1 crawl ratio of the manual transmission, which theoretically generates 29,000 lb-ft of torque to the wheels.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-new-broncos-crawler-gear-ratio-is-seriously-impressive/

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the way down rear wheel lock then front wheel lock, must have been some auto pilot.
I think if it were me at the wheel it would be all weight on brake, solid panic try and hold.
Very impressive.
The trail assist modes do a really good job descending. I stopped going down steep stuff in my 4Runner without the assist. I can’t break one wheel at a time to keep the vehicle straight or on path. The assist can, and it does a fantastic job of it. So instead of a stead slide down the hill, I maintain traction all the way down. Not sure if this manual one has something similar.

Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2.3L Bronco with manual transmission goes reverse up Hummer Hill (37 degree incline) at Moab. Thanks to @Freewheelin_overland on Instagram, he’s been the main source of These Moab videos!

Annnnd.......another........"Hold My Beer' feature.?:cool:(y)

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a pretty steep ascent & is rather impressive. You will never be able to climb complete vertical so as the grade gets steeper it is harder to get enough traction as the suspension unloads, to pull the vehicle up, you just end up spinning wheels regardless of being locked on all 4 corners. The reason he only goes part way up is because the trail flattens out & the obstacle has been overcome. Take note that this is a steady crawl and not a gas it bomb run (less momentum more traction needed).
It is 80%, 90 % front axle due to weight shift - comfortable on the way home IRS front axel.

Sponsored

Fotoflyer

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 2007 Nissan XTerra Off Road (Overlander)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
crazy how simple this looks for it. I can’t imagine taking my f150 through that little exercise at all.
To people who would know, is this common at this hill at Moab? To reverse up the hill only to crawl down?
Particularly steep hills are often conquered by reversing up the hill, because the engine and transmission are located ahead of the centerline of a normally rear drive vehicle. When facing Uphill, the majority of the weight is centered over the front of the vehicle, unloading the rear end, which cannot contribute as much energy (torque) to the climb. By facing backwards, you put more weight towards the rear of the direction of travel. That can provide a significant advantage.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty impressive, but do you think it can match this?
That’s impressive but it would have been better if the guy had the horizon straight.

Id say the horizon is on about a 35° angle...I had tilt my phone to make it straight...so who knows what the angle actually is...