Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s impressive but it would have been better if the guy had the horizon straight.

Id say the horizon is on about a 35° angle...I had tilt my phone to make it straight...so who knows what the angle actually is...
Wait, are you saying that trees don’t grow out of hills at 90’ to the incline? ?

Autodidactyl

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess what this tells us is that it has 4 wheel drive and lockers? ?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The trail assist modes do a really good job descending. I stopped going down steep stuff in my 4Runner without the assist. I can’t break one wheel at a time to keep the vehicle straight or on path. The assist can, and it does a fantastic job of it. So instead of a stead slide down the hill, I maintain traction all the way down. Not sure if this manual one has something similar.
Do the manual ones get terrain modes, wheel brake features and hill decent type features?

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us that don't know anything about Rock crawling.. can someone share the significance of this, put into perspective how capable this makes the new Bronco? Thanks!
All it means is if you have traction, you can go up things. Moab has tons of traction.
exhibit a

Sorry. Replied to wrong post A second ago

Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Particularly steep hills are often conquered by reversing up the hill, because the engine and transmission are located ahead of the centerline of a normally rear drive vehicle. When facing Uphill, the majority of the weight is centered over the front of the vehicle, unloading the rear end, which cannot contribute as much energy (torque) to the climb. By facing backwards, you put more weight towards the rear of the direction of travel. That can provide a significant advantage.
?

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All it means is if you have traction, you can go up things. Moab has tons of traction.
exhibit a

OK, canceling my Bronco res and taking the $100 and going to go find a Crown Vic...

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got lost once in Moab looking for a mountain biking trail and ended up going several miles into a Jeep trail in my 94 Yota. Got stuck in a line of 50 thousand dollar jeeps with my 4k truck. Did everything they did, just didn't look as smexy. I had as much ground clearance as most, and there was so much traction on those rocks that seemed to be all that mattered.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

exhibit a

oh my god what a LEGEND!!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the manual ones get terrain modes, wheel brake features and hill decent type features?
I don’t know. That’s a good question, that someone else will know. If it it does, I think it would only have the wheel brake features since it can’t control the transmission. The 2.7 will have the option of one pedal driving. Which I think will act like a drag brake.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

crazy how simple this looks for it. I can’t imagine taking my f150 through that little exercise at all.
To people who would know, is this common at this hill at Moab? To reverse up the hill only to crawl down?
Some may say it this really necessary and some may say, why not.

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the new Bronco has rendered the Fiat Wrangler obsolete...
Sponsored