Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can’t believe nobody mentioned the weird pants he was wearing…
The shoes are what caught my attention. Definitely not dressed for the activity and didn’t appear to have anything in the back to change into when he had to walk out. Seemed out of his element on several levels.
Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Play Stupid Games…Win Stupid Prizes I guess. So gunning it isnt always the answer.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots of BS in the beginning so just go to the 9:30 mark and see the damage

I can see it now, the guy takes his Bronco into the dealer and makes a warranty claim for the defective tailgate. Then he comes on here complaining about the warranty claim being denied by Ford and the dealer! :ROFLMAO:

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was way more distracted by how badly these guys want to be Matt's Off Road Recovery to notice what kind of pants he was wearing. I couldn't take them seriously knowing they were in the recovery business using OPEN DIFFS on their rig. Nice choice of vehicle to start with though.
You can hear the arb compressor running multiple times keeping everythinf engaged. He's locked front and rear

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw the guy get out of the bronco in Joggers and running shoes in that environment……….it all made sense

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can hear the arb compressor running multiple times keeping everythinf engaged. He's locked front and rear
Ah, so it was user error then. Those things should've been locked way before he tried to tackle that ditch at 8:00

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can barely lift the tire into the back above the bumper as it is.... I'm not about to pretend I can get 150lbs above my head anymore. I'm more into curling 12oz's at a time these days.
That's a very good point and you can tell I haven't got my Bronco yet so I'm out of touch a bit. thanks!

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh my. Fastest way to learn I guess....

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I wonder if he will go to the dealer and complain about rattles/squeaks, the rear window broke going down the road, or the tail gate bent.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But he's got a Badlands with a cool 2-tone job. I thought modded Broncos could go anywhere without getting stuck. Paint is a mod right?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what most anyone would be using a 6G Bronco for offroad, short of entering KOH in the 4600 class, I'd go with a solid tire carrier and a skid or stinger for the hitch, skip the tailgate reinforcements and roof mounts. Far less damage and resistance sliding over rocks with steel or UHMW overlaid skid than a rubber tire, and if your tire does catch it'll damage the carrier rather than the tailgate or frame. If you bend the frame because you hit a hitch mounted skid, you were being a complete tool and going way too damn fast. Skid plates, sliders, and bumpers are meant to be used for sliding across dirt and rock with the goal of minimal impact, they're not there for the kind of impact protection this guy was putting it through. That's reserved for tube chassis rigs.
It's be cool if you could provide some links to investigate. I'd like to know more.