Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s more likely that the battery has been running low for a while and just got low enough to trigger the message. Do you still have stop/start active? Has it been working?
It is active, I usually hit the button as soon as I turn the vehicle on but I guess I will test that out...
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is active, I usually hit the button as soon as I turn the vehicle on but I guess I will test that out...
I usually let it shut off once just to know battery is good, then disable it.

ssmegapunish

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Lightning, 2021 F350DRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can confirm the experiences here. Even with the "sleep mode" Fords have the battery seems to die after several days...but that is typical for newer cars with always on computers sending your secrets to Ford etc. Had a 2016 Camaro that died after a week. Note that lead acid is permanently damaged if voltage gets too low - this is well known and documented all over the interweb. 100% solution is to trickle charge or pull the battery cable if not driving for a while.

Lead-acid likes to float charge 24/7 and will actually extend life of the battery - especially if you can get a charger that will do a periodic equalization charge. The standby batteries at utility substations I maintain last 20+ years on a float charge.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s more likely that the battery has been running low for a while and just got low enough to trigger the message. Do you still have stop/start active? Has it been working?
I ran this test on my way home from work today and it took awhile but ASS did engage. My battery voltage read 14.8 after, the highest during the drive home.
Sponsored