jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First rainfall in my 3 day old MIC top and also have the passenger a pillar airbag leak. Grrrr. Any resolution here?
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any resolution here?
Wasn't the thinking on this that water was pooling in the grooves of the top frame....and slant/tilt of the Bronco sometimes caused this leak???

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First rainfall in my 3 day old MIC top and also have the passenger a pillar airbag leak. Grrrr. Any resolution here?
Yes, but you won't like it. Order a Bestop softtop and park the MIC to only use on sunny days. We had recorded inch of rain yesterday and only time water cam in was in the covered line at the bank a few drips through open window from front of gutter

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problems with the soft top with days of rain in my area

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wasn't the thinking on this that water was pooling in the grooves of the top frame....and slant/tilt of the Bronco sometimes caused this leak???
Late to the thread and did not scroll 20 pages, do the leakers also have the panel rattle? Any personally added foam to eliminate rattle that might impede engineered water movement?

Now please take this suggestion as facetious from the start: Are the sunroof drain tube clogged?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Created a separate thread that my 2.0 has the same leak. But this thread is getting all the action

I guess this is the best solution
Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain CF3594E1-B978-4AE6-BE50-37AEE11D6E52

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was parked on a level surface

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Mattbar1 hey bud. Have you determined anything on this front?

I noticed I also have the problem on the driver side too but it seeps out by the hood release

looking closer at the seal, there is a rubber reservoir on either side which was filled with water. I blew it out and snapped some shots. Not sure if thatā€™s around the problem area.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 4E779A33-76C4-4374-92B7-14A7F20AC5A9

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 0489DCB9-0FCC-466B-A5BD-FA3AF056D1D9

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 2C51AAA4-29C1-4077-BEA3-D23FB149C159

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Mattbar1 hey bud. Have you determined anything on this front?

I noticed I also have the problem on the driver side too but it seeps out by the hood release

looking closer at the seal, there is a rubber reservoir on either side which was filled with water. I blew it out and snapped some shots. Not sure if thatā€™s around the problem area.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain 2C51AAA4-29C1-4077-BEA3-D23FB149C159

Hey, nothing is resolved yet for me.

Your issue is the same as mine. The water just slid farther down the plastic and made its way to the hood release. The rubber reservoir you are talking about and showing has a small drain hole that connects to an overflow drain by the window. But that can only handle a small amount of water. Once there is too much it overflows to the airbag and hood release.

I am happy to discuss more, just DM me.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Havenā€™t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But youā€™ll get the idea.

I hope itā€™s from the top and not the windshield.

All I can add is: THIS MUST BE REPORTED TO YOUR DEALER AND TO FORD HQ (don't assume your Dealer will). For the sake of each other and future orders, any issues need to be reported to FORD.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just decided to order a Bestop Trek... So if my MIC leaks... I will just switch to the Bestop while I wait for Ford. Sad thing is that I bet that I get my Bestop Trek before I get my Bronco.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, nothing is resolved yet for me.

Your issue is the same as mine. The water just slid farther down the plastic and made its way to the hood release. The rubber reservoir you are talking about and showing has a small drain hole that connects to an overflow drain by the window. But that can only handle a small amount of water. Once there is too much it overflows to the airbag and hood release.

I am happy to discuss more, just DM me.
Thanks. I am now working under the assumption that any rainfall thatā€™s ā€˜heavyā€™ i.e. 0.3 inches in an hour is enough to overflow the channel and get an ounce of two of water left on my floor liners and both sides. Is it a big deal? Probably not on an isolated basis.

But my concern is long term impact to the items in the dash and electrical stuff. Also, if a major rainstorm is coming through is that enough to do some damage.

Are all MIC tops this? I donā€™t know. But if you have these issues I donā€™t see it going away until Ford does a recall and redesigns the seal, or the drains for that matter.

I will probably invest in the besttop sunrider for my 4 door. Itā€™s 900 bucks unfortunately. I donā€™t have covered parking or a garage so if thereā€™s ever a ā€˜holy shitā€™ moment where a massive storm is coming through that buys me comfort

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain B6BBBEEE-B531-4CF3-A03D-26BE85679B74

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks. I am now working under the assumption that any rainfall thatā€™s ā€˜heavyā€™ i.e. 0.3 inches in an hour is enough to overflow the channel and get an ounce of two of water left on my floor liners and both sides. Is it a big deal? Probably not on an isolated basis.

But my concern is long term impact to the items in the dash and electrical stuff. Also, if a major rainstorm is coming through is that enough to do some damage.

Are all MIC tops this? I donā€™t know. But if you have these issues I donā€™t see it going away until Ford does a recall and redesigns the seal, or the drains for that matter.

I will probably invest in the besttop sunrider for my 4 door. Itā€™s 900 bucks unfortunately. I donā€™t have covered parking or a garage so if thereā€™s ever a ā€˜holy shitā€™ moment where a massive storm is coming through that buys me comfort

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain B6BBBEEE-B531-4CF3-A03D-26BE85679B74
Yes all the MIC's are like this. And probably all tops if the channel/rubber on top of the windshield is the same design.

Since the besttop does not replace that rubber channel, then I would not expect this to resolve the issue either.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes all the MIC's are like this. And probably all tops if the channel/rubber on top of the windshield is the same design.

Since the besttop does not replace that rubber channel, then I would not expect this to resolve the issue either.
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing after I wrote that. if the seal if the problem not sure bestop solves this. And their website says early November so we donā€™t have any testers that could say for sure. But we do know that soft tops guys donā€™t have the same problem (I think). Not sure if we know that the seal is engineered differently but if itā€™s identical and the soft top doesnā€™t have this leak then maybe thereā€™s hope for the sunrider.

guess Iā€™ll continue to monitor this for a few more weeks and wait for any guinea pigs to see if the bestop makes a difference.

also realized the good bestop is twill which comes at a premium. So the sunrider Is actually 1000 not 900.

im going to search for some type of mini tarp that I could quickly throw across the area of the seal that has some elastic hoops tied to the mirrors.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't had any issues in heavy rain but I did have some water in the cross bar behind the A pillar after a self car wash (don't recall aiming the pressure there specifically) a few drops at the passenger side by curtain air bag logo behind the A pillar.

not going to say anything just yet because it was from a pressure wash
Sponsored