Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350/Expedition/Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

609B5EF3-2859-452C-AD31-DB35F73F0D57.jpeg

8B874A77-673C-4F7A-A7C0-74F3EC5DB19F.jpeg
This may not even be close to the same issue but, on our Expedition sunroof it leaked down the pillar during heavy rain. There are two drain holes along the front of track where the sunroof set and trash plugged one of those holes up and depending on the rain amount and the angle of the vehicle it would leak down the inside of the pillar. There may be a drain track that the roof ledge sits in that has drain holes you could check. Just a thought.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol, you think Ford is going to fix anything in the next year? We'll be lucky if the MY22 Broncos don't have all the MY21 problems plus a bunch of new ones! 🤪
They fixed the roof rack with Sasquatch for 2022...not that it was broken to begin with though.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sheesh. Well, I guess living in SoCal where it's not supposed to rain again for about nine years helps me 😂

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

I was able to do some testing. So far I’m unable to reproduce the event. I did not use pressure yet.

I systematically poured water in the following blue, yellow, red areas. All water was routed to the floor with no visible internal leaks. The hole under the roof panel looks like it is missing a bolt. But it is like this on both sides. And is perhaps a drain.

As far as removing the panel that says Air Bag, I have always been hesitant to remove those…so I have not been able to inspect behind there yet.

E656FEA4-617D-4C0F-B741-652A1F3D212B.jpeg

9DC5D33B-96D1-4D3D-94D3-B117B7BB3B29.jpeg
I'm curious if the "area within" needs to fill up with water to a certain level before it starts to leak out of the airbag cover. I ask this because to reproduce it, you may need to have water spraying on it for quite awhile to fill it up before it starts dribbling/pouring out.

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may not even be close to the same issue but, on our Expedition sunroof it leaked down the pillar during heavy rain. There are two drain holes along the front of track where the sunroof set and trash plugged one of those holes up and depending on the rain amount and the angle of the vehicle it would leak down the inside of the pillar. There may be a drain track that the roof ledge sits in that has drain holes you could check. Just a thought.
This is a common thing with F150s also. But it usually only happens if the drain lines are not attached or plugged.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s up with all the water damage ads? Lol
I'm getting ads for a trailer I can't tow. But at least it's dry inside.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain Screenshot_20210717-193756_Chrome

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

clean the seals real well. make sure they are not rolled back or crimped. also they may be caught up in their track which holds them. chances are if you bring it to the dealership they will not be able to duplicate the problem. just remove the roof panel and make sure all the sealing surfaces are clean and contacting properly... sorry but this is one of the problems associated with removeable roofs... does anyone remember t-tops back in the 80s....

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

Ford Bronco Water leaking from A-pillar airbag cover in heavy rain Screenshot_20210717-193756_Chrome

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really sorry that happened to you. I must be really upsetting. I hope people are being nice in this thread (I decided not to read it). If it were me, I would be really upset. I hope Ford makes it right for you after waiting so long for this Bronco. Hang in there!

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do, my first new car was an 88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. It had T-tops and no problems at all.
i used to work at a gas station, and it was not an uncommon complaint during the 80s. i am happy it did not happen to you, but it did happen. i am sure there are many things which happen to people but not all people. i personally never broke my leg, but people do break their legs...

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You do know that the modular roof won't be available next year right? Earliest it will be available is 2023.
MY23, which I'm hoping will be released CY22. It's all good if I have my OBX and soft top in the meantime.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i used to work at a gas station, and it was not an uncommon complaint during the 80s. i am happy it did not happen to you, but it did happen. i am sure there are many things which happen to people but not all people. i personally never broke my leg, but people do break their legs...
I think any vehicle that has a roof or sunroof that opens will eventually leak. I had a 63 Dodge Custom 880 convertible and no matter much anyone tried to stop it, water leaked into one side of the back floor. I lived in Mass then where it rained a lot. The cure was ultimately to drill a hole in the floor to let the water out. One of my friends had a 60 T-Bird with a sunroof. The sunroof had tape around the seam. He found out why after he removed it.
Sponsored