First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First Edition 4 door. No roof rack.
Wait, have you posted any other pictures since you took delivery?! I can’t remember if I’ve seen them. Like overall photos of your build!
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Resistance to corrosion does not mean it will not corrode in standing water.

But keep insulting people that they don't know what they are talking about.
Do you know how the airbag module is manufactured and situated behind the trim? Do you know how the connector is designed and where the module electrical connector is located? All you know is some water dribbled out of the gap in the A-pillar trim where the airbag cover is based on a few pics.

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey everyone. I’ve tried to read all the comments and take in everyone’s suggestions and recommendations. I really appreciate it.

There is also a likely chance that the water is coming in much farther back than it seemed. It could be leaking in closer to another roof joint and traveling towards the front of the vehicle on the roll bar that runs from front to back. This channel seems like the only likely spot that would connect with the A-Pillar.

Once again I appreciate all the positive suggestions and I’ll keep you updated. If anyone else experiences this or other leaks please post here or send me a PM

Take care!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you know how the airbag module is manufactured and situated behind the trim? Do you know how the connector is designed and where the module electrical connector is located? All you know is some water dribbled out of the gap in the A-pillar trim where the airbag cover is based on a few pics.
I think this debate is derailing the convo a bit.

Are you trying to imply that, because the connectors are likely resistant to corrosion, OP shouldn’t worry about resolving water streaming down the inside of the A pillar, and that continued leakage/water is likely to cause 0 issues to anything over time?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First Edition 4 door. No roof rack.
I would still look under the cap for the roof rack you shouldn’t add on ;)

About 3:45 in this video:

(Edit) Maybe not since you actually have to drill a hole and fish the wire through. Was a thought anyway…

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey everyone. I’ve tried to read all the comments and take in everyone’s suggestions and recommendations. I really appreciate it.

There is also a likely chance that the water is coming in much farther back than it seemed. It could be leaking in closer to another roof joint and traveling towards the front of the vehicle on the roll bar that runs from front to back. This channel seems like the only likely spot that would connect with the A-Pillar.

Once again I appreciate all the positive suggestions and I’ll keep you updated. If anyone else experiences this or other leaks please post here or send me a PM

Take care!
You have a warranty just for this exact situation. I wouldn't worry about it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this debate is derailing the convo a bit.

Are you trying to imply that, because the connectors are likely resistant to corrosion, OP shouldn’t worry about resolving water streaming down the inside of the A pillar, and that continued leakage/water is likely to cause 0 issues to anything over time?
No. I think he should have the manufacturer resolve the issue for him. I think safety wise the airbag system will tell him if the module is damaged by the water. He has a 3-year 36,000 mile warranty. Airbags may be covered even longer. Some States regulate extensions to some component warranties. Airbags just don't fire off if the module gets wet. For all we know, the airbag module may be completely water proof and the water never got inside the module in the first place.

I don't think he needs to open a NHSTA case over it.

It's called being rational.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

with all of this concern here, it may be prudent to invest in a suicide prevention hotline.

in a heavy thunder storm things like this happen. unless it is a constant occurrence the airbag will be fine. the connectors are designed to be weather proof. this is automotive safety equipment. if it were to fail there would be multi million dollar settlements.

driving down the street in the rain there will be vibrations, and rubber seals will rub against the sealing surface. if one side of the seal is wet, the vibrations will cause the wetness to spread pass the seal causing a leak. think of this like having sex. when the penis enters the vagina, it is dry but as it moves around if get wetter and wetter. eventually it gets so wet that the pubic hair might get wet (if you're doing it right). my point is when there is movement the wetness can and will spread.

chances are this will only happen in the heaviest of rainstorms when driving. best bet is to keep the sealing areas clean and use conditioners for the seals to keep them soft, clean and supple.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay then wait for the MY24 then? Idk what to say to you guys on here? It’s a mass production vehicle in its first rotation stop acting like its a Rolls Royce we actually troubleshoot these problems at Ford as we fix our mistakes as soon as we find them unlike some foreign car companies.
78032DA0-51EB-4B74-BAE7-4679F0576323.gif

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That 2022 Tundra looks more and more tempting now.

Panoramic sunroof, full slide down rear window, hybrid power and hopefully other luxury tech with legendary reliability.

*yes I know it is a completely different class/type of vehicle*

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That 2022 Tundra looks more and more tempting now.

Panoramic sunroof, full slide down rear window, hybrid power and hopefully other luxury tech with legendary reliability.

*yes I know it is a completely different class/type of vehicle*
Too bad the design is hideous and it’s way too big for so many trails

broncobob94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Water getting into the airbag area causing or not causing issues with the actual air bag, air bag ECU, wiring, corrosion etc.. is speculation... but any water inside like this is terrible. The water is going to end up somewhere and that water no matter how small of amount it seems makes it way in places you have no idea. First thing I thought was great, this is probably finding it's way behind the dash where things were not engineered to get wet. My bet would be poor sealing around the windshield or roof seem, and it's in a lot of other places right now than what we are seeing in that pic. just my 2 cents.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
with all of this concern here, it may be prudent to invest in a suicide prevention hotline.

in a heavy thunder storm things like this happen. unless it is a constant occurrence the airbag will be fine. the connectors are designed to be weather proof. this is automotive safety equipment. if it were to fail there would be multi million dollar settlements.

driving down the street in the rain there will be vibrations, and rubber seals will rub against the sealing surface. if one side of the seal is wet, the vibrations will cause the wetness to spread pass the seal causing a leak. think of this like having sex. when the penis enters the vagina, it is dry but as it moves around if get wetter and wetter. eventually it gets so wet that the pubic hair might get wet (if you're doing it right). my point is when there is movement the wetness can and will spread.

chances are this will only happen in the heaviest of rainstorms when driving. best bet is to keep the sealing areas clean and use conditioners for the seals to keep them soft, clean and supple.
So we all should wear rubbers when driving our Broncos? :unsure:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big deal, 90% of all air bags wind up going to the salvage yard without being deployed. Thankfully.
Sponsored