Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey gang,
First time post, long time lurker. Sorry in advance for the long post. The summer rain pattern is in full effect and I am experiencing heavy spashback onto the hood and windshield when driving through water. The phenomenon is completely blinding my view with wipers on high and occurs when driving at low or high speed.

Granted, Tampa has poor drainage and the streets regularly flood, but it even happens on smaller puddles that are near the shoulder. I haven't experienced this with other cars or SUVs the family drives, or past trucks. The splashing is so much that I consciously keep the wheel straight and look for the road lines to make sure I don't wander into another lane.

My build is a 2022 Wildtrak, SAS with stock Goodyear Wrangler 35s, fenders on, OEM modular bumper with safari bar, d-ring shackles, and front skid plate. It has to be the skid plate, right? Seems like the tires shed water toward the center of the vehicle, the water hits the plates and has no where to go, and somehow it is directed forward and over the front grill and onto the hood and windshield.
I need to get a GoPro dashcam and a friend to film my approach on a puddle. Anyone with or without front bash plates experiencing the same?

20230817_085154_remastered.jpg
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This happens in any water over a few inches, the faster you are going the less water it takes. Good news is outside of standing water the wipers are pretty much useless at the angle the windshield is. I rarely use my wipers