Waterproofing cloth seats???

BroncoSong

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
There are many reasons to get cloth - temperature, cost, looks etc - it’s obviously preference BUT I’m concerned about getting them wet/dirty/stained - has anyone ever used a waterproofing product to seal cloth seats against the elements? Thank you!

Advertisement

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
There are many reasons to get cloth - temperature, cost, looks etc - it’s obviously preference BUT I’m concerned about getting them wet/dirty/stained - has anyone ever used a waterproofing product to seal cloth seats against the elements? Thank you!
I've used a spray on product called DUCKS BACK that does extremely well in the past . I spray all of my motorcycle bags with it .

http://www.gencosupplies.com/product_detail.cfm?pid=224&cid=69

Hoofnmouth

Base
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

I put leather coverking seat covers over the cloth seats in my 14 tundra best 300.00 i spent.

srae321

Big Bend
First Name
Shawna
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Like those sandstone cloth seats - let's be honest they're just ivory. I can't see them holding up very well. How long would it be before they started turning blue from jeans or just getting overall dingy looking.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Like those sandstone cloth seats - let's be honest they're just ivory. I can't see them holding up very well. How long would it be before they started turning blue from jeans or just getting overall dingy looking.
I wonder if the light area would take a darker rub on type dye well ?

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I'm sure there are some products you can apply, but I really think the best move is to get seat covers. Not the most fun option if you love the look of the bronco seats, but I'm sure some nice aftermarket options will pop up.

Cloth is cool but I don't think it's possible to fully waterproof it. Sweat, rain, mud, coffee . . . it'll creep its way in. Might as well have a barrier that you can remove and wash IMO

Hkak45

First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150 Off Road
Clubs

there are several custom seat cover companies that are really good and I’m sure will make some for the bronco. Just know that a good quality custom seat cover will probably run you $500+

Advertisement

Advertisement