Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know if you have a bronco you generally don't care to to much about gas mileage.... But what if it was easy to get a bit more out of it? Wouldn't you want to maximize what you could with little effort? This is what I tried At least before I go ruin it all again with the lift. Lol.

So before. Running 33-34 psi in my tires, (Toyo Open Country CT and fuel Shok wheels, about .7lb heavier than the badlands optional wheels that came on it.), And the stock air filter. Running usually around the posted speed limits. Normal driving. 17.8 mpg was my average over about 2500 miles.
The changes, added 5 psi to the tires. Now 38-39psi. Changed out my air filter to the Whipple high flow one, literally easiest filter change ever. Did the tires about a week before changing the air filter this past Saturday morning. Still driving the same if not a little faster on avg. Now averaging 20.2 mpg this month so far.... So I'll keep tracking. We'll see what happens now that gas prices are suddenly shooting for the moon. I'll probably drive nicer and more conservatively as well. Lol

What have you guys done, if anything?! 👀🙃
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you’ve done most of what you can do without making bigger changes. (y) Swapping out to a Base wheel/tire setup might net an improvement in MPG (but not looks).

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trade it in.

it’s a brick on 35s and you give a crap about MPGs?

LMAO
The post isn't about buying a Bronco to get good MPG, it's about maximizing what you have and saving money. Very useful info.

You thought this was so out of line that you started an additional thread? I know I can't say it because an admin will take it down but come on man don't be an *** ****.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The post isn't about buying a Bronco to get good MPG, it's about maximizing what you have and saving money. Very useful info.

You thought this was so out of line that you started an additional thread? I know I can't say it because an admin will take it down but come on man don't be an *** ****.
Lot of posts in the last day or two about MPGs. This thread didn’t prompt anything. This vehicle is no different than any other. Don’t drive aggressively, reduce the rolling mass, set the vehicle to eco mode. There’s already other posts about maximizing MPGs. But I digress.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you’ve done most of what you can do without making bigger changes. (y) Swapping out to a Base wheel/tire setup might net an improvement in MPG (but not looks).
Yeah I don't care that much. Lol. Just maximizing what I can. Besides when my coilovers get here it's going to be a much bigger brick to block air with.... Haha
Ford Bronco Ways to eek out better gas mileage?! nothin

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot of posts in the last day or two about MPGs. This thread didn’t prompt anything. This vehicle is no different than any other. Don’t drive aggressively, reduce the rolling mass, set the vehicle to eco mode. There’s already other posts about maximizing MPGs. But I digress.
So you started another thread? Makes sense....

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Staying out of the boost will get you a couple more MPGs, based on my experience with the twin turbo 3.5 in my F150. Staying in the boost is too much fun to worry over MPGs.
Sponsored