First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, stay out of the boost. Impossible to do completely, but watching the boost gauge and developing a feel for it, you can certainly get better fuel economy.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BTW, it's still really good gas mileage.

As stated above, 14.3 hours and 424 miles traveled according to the Trip 1 with 25.5 MPG average.

424 miles / 14.3 hours = 29.650 MPH average speed. I rounded up to 30 MPH.

Where in my picture Trip 1 shows 306 miles over 4 hours with 22.5 MPG at an average speed of 76.5 MPH.

306 miles / 4 hours = 76.5 MPH
I guess math is math, but I sure as hell dont feel like I'm driving miss daisy along at 30MPH most of the time haha.

Last edited:

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know if you have a bronco you generally don't care to to much about gas mileage.... But what if it was easy to get a bit more out of it? Wouldn't you want to maximize what you could with little effort? This is what I tried At least before I go ruin it all again with the lift. Lol.

So before. Running 33-34 psi in my tires, (Toyo Open Country CT and fuel Shok wheels, about .7lb heavier than the badlands optional wheels that came on it.), And the stock air filter. Running usually around the posted speed limits. Normal driving. 17.8 mpg was my average over about 2500 miles.
The changes, added 5 psi to the tires. Now 38-39psi. Changed out my air filter to the Whipple high flow one, literally easiest filter change ever. Did the tires about a week before changing the air filter this past Saturday morning. Still driving the same if not a little faster on avg. Now averaging 20.2 mpg this month so far.... So I'll keep tracking. We'll see what happens now that gas prices are suddenly shooting for the moon. I'll probably drive nicer and more conservatively as well. Lol

What have you guys done, if anything?! 👀🙃

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know if you have a bronco you generally don't care to to much about gas mileage.... But what if it was easy to get a bit more out of it? Wouldn't you want to maximize what you could with little effort? This is what I tried At least before I go ruin it all again with the lift. Lol.

So before. Running 33-34 psi in my tires, (Toyo Open Country CT and fuel Shok wheels, about .7lb heavier than the badlands optional wheels that came on it.), And the stock air filter. Running usually around the posted speed limits. Normal driving. 17.8 mpg was my average over about 2500 miles.
The changes, added 5 psi to the tires. Now 38-39psi. Changed out my air filter to the Whipple high flow one, literally easiest filter change ever. Did the tires about a week before changing the air filter this past Saturday morning. Still driving the same if not a little faster on avg. Now averaging 20.2 mpg this month so far.... So I'll keep tracking. We'll see what happens now that gas prices are suddenly shooting for the moon. I'll probably drive nicer and more conservatively as well. Lol

What have you guys done, if anything?! 👀🙃
Interested in the air filter swapout (Whipple)-source, cost, etc.? thx!

Sponsored

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Think a spare tire delete has any impact on gas mileage?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know about anyone else but my BL came from the factory with 39 lbs in each tire. Later, I took it to my dealer for an oil change and they checked the tire pressure as being good at 39 lbs. So, for me, 39 lbs it is for general on road driving. BTW, I have the 2.3L and get 18-19mpg all day long around town. On the highway it goes over 22 mpg but I haven’t really monitored how I drive on the highway for long periods. Yesterday I installed a K&N high flow air filter…not for mileage but for longevity but it will be interesting to see what impact that has.
Mine were at 45 at delivery. I aired down to 38 (sticker value) and actually believe my mileage improved….

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at this list of mods you can do to improve MPG:
https://ecomodder.com/wiki/Car_MPG_Efficiency_Modifications_Main

Some cool things. For example on a truck, adding a tonneau cover improves efficiency by 6%.
Removing the roof rack improves efficiency by 14%. Do both and that's a 4mpg gain on your F-150.

Here is a list of 100+ driving tips to improve MPG as well:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hypermiling-driving-tips-ecodriving.php

Again, some are quite ridiculous but some are good/easy to apply tips.

Reducing speed helps a lot, usually 10%+ gain between 70 and 65. If you are driving 90 instead of 80, you could easily use 20% more fuel.
Having proper tire pressure is easy and helps a lot.
Remove cruise control uphill and slow down, then accelerate downhill is much, much more efficient than keeping a constant speed. On flat it's the opposite (keeping constant speed win).

Last, some people think accelerate very slowly after a stop up to speed is best, but that's wrong. It takes less fuel to quickly reach 40mph from a stop, than taking 30 seconds to get there.
Pressing the pedal too much isn't good either as your RPM will go too high and the Bronco won't change gear quick enough. So press "surely" and get to your speed reasonably quick, then keep a constant speed, unless going uphill (slow down).
Combine that with as much anticipation as possible for stops, lights and traffic and you can come back to the forum and brag about your MPG.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some people just have to be buttholes. I like to see how good of gas mileage I can obtain for entertainment if nothing else. I have a basesquatch w/2.7L. I'm consistently over 21 mpg in normal mode with a very light foot. I don't have anywhere to get in a hurry typically. I live in a somewhat hilly area so the challenge involves ascending and descending thoughtfully. I'm fortunate I live in a cooler climate than a lot of the country especially this year so I also rarely run the AC. Nothing wrong with challenging yourself just to see another aspect of their capabilities ya know. You don't have to through in the towel and drive like monkeys because you're driving a giant brick around. If you like to stomp the pedal and race to stoplights every time you head out, just use the brick excuse as to why your mileage is trash.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have solved this for everyone.

Drive downward on mountain roads. Great MPG.
BTW, it's still really good gas mileage.

As stated above, 14.3 hours and 424 miles traveled according to the Trip 1 with 25.5 MPG average.

424 miles / 14.3 hours = 29.650 MPH average speed. I rounded up to 30 MPH.

Where in my picture Trip 1 shows 306 miles over 4 hours with 22.5 MPG at an average speed of 76.5 MPH.

306 miles / 4 hours = 76.5 MPH

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Draft an 18 wheeler 😀

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have solved this for everyone.

Drive downward on mountain roads. Great MPG.
It's not possible to drive downhill both ways, although fair criticism given there is a 1900 altitude difference between the two locations. I average 23 MPG overall both directions.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine were at 45 at delivery. I aired down to 38 (sticker value) and actually believe my mileage improved….
When y’all say 37-38 or whatever…is this the PSI like when the tire is cold, or after you’ve been driving awhile it has warmed up to 37-38?
Sponsored