Sponsored

We appreciate your patience says Ford post

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can use the virus for insufficient parts to build SAS, tow, 2.7 vehicles, but that excuse can’t be used on the MIC and Mod tops. They had years to develop the roofs. There shouldn’t be a question of quality, only availability. Ford should react, and make a soft top for two doors, that have the hard top rigging installed, just like the four doors. Ford should react to model issues and allow options to be applied to models that currently restrict packages, interiors, etc. However, they opt to send out messages telling folks to be patient. I have said before, if there wasn’t a reservation list, then none of this would matter. We ALL should have realized this thing was going to be one giant SNAFU, when the reservation web site crashed on day one. I just can’t understand how the executives at Ford can allow this to continue, without coming up with substantial ways to benefit those of us who have been placed in the middle of all this.
Yes - 2 door soft top with the hookups is the answer! I’d take delivery tomorrow.
Sponsored

Lisi08

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bro, there's a very large group of Bronco orders who were "built" at the end of June to the 2nd of July that are MIA. Litteraly not a damn peep from Ford. Just stuck in production.
Mine was mid June and still no word. They have the vin numbers and customer details. Send them an update on their specific status. That’s what we want.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are they going to get all these soft tops? You can’t just call up and say you want thousands of soft tops and expect to get them
If you're Bestop, and you've already developed a soft top for the 2 dr. (several months or possibly a year+ ago - we've seen these for a while now, and it takes time to develop), and you know that 2 dr. are only available from the factory as a hard top and people are screaming for soft tops . . . you better have been planning and producing tops and piling those fuckers up in a warehouse waiting for this very golden opportunity. Mod top problems are not new problems. They'd be crazy if they haven't been paying attention and making a shit-ton of tops. And damnit @Ford Motor Company , blend that shit and build my Badlands for an easy win!

Last edited:

Lisi08

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Annnnndddd.... they're stuck probably due to the parts commodity issue or this new MIC top issue.
Would you rather get your bronco with a messed up top or other issue now or something with better quality control later?
I think the majority of us are willing to wait for them to fix the QC issues. The issue is more around the communication, or lack thereof. I think we all would feel delighted to get an email saying “after our detailed QC process, your vehicle has been identified as one of the vehicles with the Xyz issue. We want to ensure you receive a quality product and expect to get your vehicle corrected by xyz timeframe, based on order date.” They have the data to do this. We just want to know the reason for delay and that our vehicle is not just sitting there in the lot being neglected for no apparent reason.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
I must be far down the reservation list at this point...I assumed there was a Bronco inside, but it's essentially a "Stay Pumped" physical package that was delivered?? Anyone else get one of these?
Bronco.jpg
Bronco 1.jpg
I haven't received anything at all from Ford/dealer except 3 emails. That's what I get for living in a desert.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Giving 2-doors the Bestop soft top would make most customers happy AND move a bunch of Broncos out of MAP.
Hence the most and not "all".
'Most' means more than half. About 85% or more of orders are for models with hard tops or were specially ordered that way. All two door and standard hardtop model buyers decided that the hard top was acceptable or preferred. What would make 'most' happy is to get the hard top or mod top as promised a year ago (with deliveries starting in Spring, so you can do the math and decide if Ford knew Webesto was toast back and lied or was just that clueless ). While you might prefer a soft top, pushing them all to a soft top would make 'most' (and by a wide margin) decidedly unhappy.

Last edited:

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said before and will again. Ford is over their head with this top design that looks good on paper. Made worse by a company that couldn't pull it off.
Plastic panels designed to pop in and out on an unsupported roof have no chance against expansion and contraction due to the elements. We will see nothing but warrenty and recall visits from our customers over and over until they get fed up and get rid of their Broncos.
Only chance is for different material or different design.
Hell, those lucky enough to get a Bronco are finding out after only a few weeks they aren't so lucky.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You haven't lived until you hit the A/C button in an automatic Geo Metro Convertible. Quite possibly the slowest car I have ever driven... and still my ex-wife managed to shatter the ring gear in the transmission/differential.
Don't forget this little gem. You had to be careful. If you had your window rolled down and switched off the headlights, the button could shoot out the window.
Ford Bronco We appreciate your patience says Ford post 1991-Geo-interior-e1605200580632
Sponsored