Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Transmission skid plate should be on the top of the list for anyone wanting to off road there Bronco. LOD has a alright unit, that provides protection for a fair price. The situation shows the importance of a skid plate and traveling with a group not alone.
Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up. Glad to see you got her fixed. So good to have great friends to help get you out of these kinda jams. I had a moment of stupidity in Colorado Wheeling with only one rig. Rolled two tires off the rims 40 miles from town. But my boys calmed my nerves and made short work of it. Back up and running in an hour!
D5CBD1FE-18D4-4648-A6D6-4D81C12A293E.jpeg

5031AC1B-2400-4B5C-ABDC-ED712595D597.jpeg
Did they roll off the rims because they were aired down too much, or was it the angle you were at? If I understand correctly, this is exactly what beadlocks solve for.

Makes me wish my SAS rims had functional beadlocks, and not just "beadlock-capable beauty rings"

Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they roll off the rims because they were aired down too much, or was it the angle you were at? If I understand correctly, this is exactly what beadlocks solve for.

Makes me wish my SAS rims had functional beadlocks, and not just "beadlock-capable beauty rings"
No I was just your typical Floridian in the mountains. Never aired down before. 18 psi for four days. Then I saw a big nice opening and started drifting some circles around the campsite. 🤦🏻‍♂️ DONT DO DONUTS WHEN AIRED DOWN!

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A stamped steel pan might have had a chance. I think a cast aluminum would have suffered the same fate.
Agreed. The gentleman is ordering some skids soon I believe now. I have the Ford skid plates but since they don’t cover my transmission pan I’m ordering the Mabett skid plate. Mainly cause it’s cheap and also bolts up with the Ford plates which most of the other systems don’t.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I was just your typical Floridian in the mountains. Never aired down before. 18 psi for four days. Then I saw a big nice opening and started drifting some circles around the campsite. 🤦🏻‍♂️ DONT DO DONUTS WHEN AIRED DOWN!
Ha, at least you've got a sense of humor about it! Glad you're okay and you had friends to get you out of that bind. Makes me feel equal parts lucky and stupid for all the off roading I did in the mountains of Orange County, CA when I was a kid. Bought a lifted Tacoma with mud tires and hit the trails - NOT KNOWING I HAD QHEEL LOCKS WITHOUT A KEY. We live and learn!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. The gentleman is ordering some skids soon I believe now. I have the Ford skid plates but since they don’t cover my transmission pan I’m ordering the Mabett skid plate. Mainly cause it’s cheap and also bolts up with the Ford plates which most of the other systems don’t.
Does Mabett make one for the 2.7l ?

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha awesome! Good stories for sure. We had two de-beaded tires on this trip too. We had to air down to 8 PSI just to break trail due to snow.
I want to know what kind of gear you have to be camping out in those temps.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great story! Sounds like there’s a lot of knowledge in the group you guys are going up there with! I’m in the Sacramento area and would love to join sometime!

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great story! Sounds like there’s a lot of knowledge in the group you guys are going up there with! I’m in the Sacramento area and would love to join sometime!
Join our group! We have 451 members on Facebook at Gold Country Broncos. We have a ton of events regularly and everyone has fantastic attitudes. We work with Wild Horses in Lodi and also offer discounts, occasional giveaways and fun times all around for any type of off-roader. We also have a website at https://www.goldcountrybroncos.com/

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good on you guys for getting the rig out. No joke leaving a vehicle behind this time of year up there.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Join our group! We have 451 members on Facebook at Gold Country Broncos. We have a ton of events regularly and everyone has fantastic attitudes. We work with Wild Horses in Lodi and also offer discounts, occasional giveaways and fun times all around for any type of off-roader. We also have a website at https://www.goldcountrybroncos.com/
Awesome! Not on Facebook but I joined the website. Thanks!
Sponsored