We Can Thank Pilson Auto Centers For Excessive Dealer Markups

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wasn't the RS always a 2-3 run and was expected to again have a short life? I seem to recall that's why ADM was so rampant because the car was expected to only have a 2 year run and had so many delays getting to market is what drove ADM's. It was much like Bronco. Many had orders placed for a year and couldn't get one.
It was supposed to be REPLACED by the next generation which Europe got and we didn’t, not discontinued entirely.
Sponsored

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree, I wish they’d do something but I think the franchise agreement ties their hands. The key is finding a decent dealership and that’s a feat in itself. I loved my RS but could not stand the seats.

87833A27-7691-42CC-A82D-1F835ECB9B92.jpeg
Loved mine too but the head gasket issues did me in. Mine would’ve needed replacement AGAIN

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I sat down with my dealer for the Bronco, they offered me one of their GT 500 allotments at MSRP. Currently in my area there are several Mach 1 Mustangs for sale that are substantially marked up. They have been sitting in the lots for a few months now. It is the way it works. This time next year Ford will be begging folks to buy Broncos. I can wait if need be. I would rather apply additional money to new options then dealership pockets simply because I was in some self created artificial hurry. ” Hush, hush, simmer ,simmer, relax even” Snagglepuss, circa 1966.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The reason the family business was sold, is because the owner was aging and Ford placed a requirement on all its franchises to upgrade their facilities to be LEED certified. In an effort to fold under to the Green MOB, Ford forced its dealerships to spend millions either upgrading or replacing dealership infrastructure.
My dealership is under serious deconstruction/reconstruction. It had a very nicely done southwest theme with gorgeous ceramic tile.

Everyone at the dealership is pissed because it's going to end up all blue and chrome and corporate.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The customers are at fault, not the dealers. As long as there are people willing to pay over MSRP, then there will be dealers selling them at that price. How many in this forum paid aver MSRP? If you did, then you are part of the problem.

Just like the high theft rate of catalytic converters, why do they get stolen? Becasue there are crooked people who buy them and sell them for scrap metal. Get rid of the buyers, then the thefts go away.

It's called solving the problem by adressing the root cause.

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol ADM didn’t kill the RS. Ford followed GM and Chrysler and got rid of their small car market. The RS was a byproduct of that. Your ass must be real sore from a specific dealer with how upset you are.
Hey Monster, let's leave the 'Facebook' incivility to FB. We're better than that for sure!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was browsing around Broncos for sale and noticed an excessive amount of "used" Broncos and In Stock Broncos at Pilson Auto Centers. After talking to them a bit I found out that they are using their dealer system to buy all the Broncos they can find from other dealers at a $10k+ markup. Then they are listing on their site for 2-3X that much.

https://www.pilsonauto.com/inventor...ke=&model=Bronco&standardbody=&type=used&pg=1

I completely understand paying a premium for a limited inventory vehicle, but this really impacts fair market value IMO. Ford.com doesn't even allow us access to an inventory search, but a dealership can scan the system and pick off any available unit before a consumer has a chance. I feel like prices would be a whole lot more reasonable if it wasn't for dealer shinanigans like Pilson Auto Centers is pulling.
Thats really not cool. Sadly people are paying it hence the prices. I just picked up my BD yesterday and my husband is pitching a fit. It's between my BD and my BMW m240i, and I love my beemer too much to give it up. If I have to sell it will go for what I paid, msrp plus taxes, license and fees and maybe $500 so I can buy enough Puffs Plus to wipe away my tears. I just can't treat people like that, but thats me. But on the plus side, its awesome and I love it.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just because Pilson advertises a $45k vehicle for $80k does not mean they will get it. But they should be required to title the eventual consumer sale as used with CPO extended warranty.

There are too many alternatives at $80k or even $65k

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pt loser, telluride, corvette are mass production vehicles. Also no reservation system for any of them. Pretty sure there wasn’t a res system for the demon either. There’s been 2 production years of the C8 and their still selling for 6 figures. I’m pretty sure because of franchise agreements they can’t do much to them but threaten allocation.

The problem is that the Corvette went into product as COVID hit and we are still dealing with shortages from COVID now.

The Bronco has gone through some major launch challenges and is in high demand. Once the demand settles down (which might not be til 2023 or so), this will be an issue for some people.

The Bronco Sport was going over sticker when it launched 9-10 months ago and now I'm seeing $1500 rebates on them and they aren't turning as quick on the lots.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

About the RS-it never sold in huge numbers...the market for $45K compact cars in the USA is VERY limited. I think Ford figured about 5K cars for the US but it was more like 1500 for real demand.

When the Focus was going out of production and sale in the US, there where several with huge incentives on them to move them.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The customers are at fault, not the dealers. As long as there are people willing to pay over MSRP, then there will be dealers selling them at that price. How many in this forum paid aver MSRP? If you did, then you are part of the problem.

Just like the high theft rate of catalytic converters, why do they get stolen? Becasue there are crooked people who buy them and sell them for scrap metal. Get rid of the buyers, then the thefts go away.

It's called solving the problem by adressing the root cause.
so, getting rid of the buyers solves the ADM issue??
Sponsored