Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's quite strange because even the 2.3 mustang gets the 10R80. We know the Ranger and Bronco will go down the same assembly line so complicating things with adding another transmission seems strange. I doubt Ford will give the Ranger the 10R60 due to tow ratings.
By this logic no vehicle should have any options. How on Earth are the F-150's made? 7 different *transmission options 😵
Sponsored

Last edited:

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm feeling a bit of relief that I won't likely get my build till mid next year, if too many people do have tranny issues between now and then I'll pull the plug on my order. Thanks to all those who will be MY2021 owners to test the water out 🙌

a-politically-oil-to-use-in-your-vehicles-63483285.png

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

By this logic no vehicle should have any options. How on Earth are the F-150's made? 7 different drivetrain options 😵
I'm presuming you mean engine options? The engine isn't part of the drivetrain btw. But yes there is quite a variance in engine options. Just seems unnecessary to add variations to the Bronco/Ranger line when the entire assembly line can use the same transmission.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm presuming you mean engine options? The engine isn't part of the drivetrain btw. But yes there is quite a variance in engine options. Just seems unnecessary to add variations to the Bronco/Ranger line when the entire assembly line can use the same transmission.
Regardless you're assuming the transfer cases aren't already matched to the transmission and that they are the same I'm assuming? Hell there are how many gearing options for the Bronco? Let alone the two different transfer cases? Soooooo is there really just one transmission?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I’m sure they wouldn’t have an issue normally, from what I was told by a couple of dealers is Ford will penalize them on the next allocations if the reservation customer doesn’t purchase a converted order. Might have been an early on thing to deter dealers from reserving them for themselves just to have inventory on their lots but just how it sounded to me at the time was they will not get any good graces the next time they try to fill orders.
I am sure if you decline to purchase the vehicle upon delivery or are denied a loan/lease the dealer can then sell it to whomever they wish.
Yeah, you might be right, I haven't asked a dealer specifically so I don't really know. FWIW, I had 2 reservations, a day one and then a 2nd one a few days later. We weren't sure if we would be held to order the exact model of the reservation at the time, so we made one for a 4 door and one for a 2 since we were on the fence. We wanted to cancel the 2nd reservation, but the dealer said they would order 2 identical broncos for us, and we would get whichever came in first and they would just take the 2nd order into dealer inventory. They made it sound like any extra Broncos they could get their hands on would be icing on the cake.
You guys must be new here.

;)

https://www.bronco6g.com/ford-institutes-bronco-customer-name-match-dealer-integrity-policy/

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual is the only option.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Read the entire thread and it make no sense. Ford has built Bronco on a body on Frame, a Truck Frame, T6. One of the hardest things you can do to a 4x4 purpose built vehicle is put the Front tires up against 18 inch rocks or larger and climb over and over again. Does the Edge ST have a Rock Goat Mode? No it does not. This thing is built for Heavy Duty Off Road.
To compare an Edge ST to a Purpose Built Off Road vehicle makes no sense to me.
Ford has put to much money, Engineering resources, Technology and their reputation on the line to put a car trany into a Heavy Duty vehicle. Ford is well known for building High Quality Heavy Duty Purposed Vehicles and I have confidence that the Transmission will hold up. If anything Ford put a Truck Transmission in the Edge.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the entire thread and it make no sense. Ford has built Bronco on a body on Frame, a Truck Frame, T6. One of the hardest things you can do to a 4x4 purpose built vehicle is put the Front tires up against 18 inch rocks or larger and climb over and over again. Does the Edge ST have a Rock Goat Mode? No it does not. This thing is built for Heavy Duty Off Road.
To compare an Edge ST to a Purpose Built Off Road vehicle makes no sense to me.
Ford has put to much money, Engineering resources, Technology and their reputation on the line to put a car trany into a Heavy Duty vehicle. Ford is well known for building High Quality Heavy Duty Purposed Vehicles and I have confidence that the Transmission will hold up. If anything Ford put a Truck Transmission in the Edge.
Edge ST has a 7 speed.

To be fair the Explorer now has a Timberline "off-road" edition 🤷🏻‍♂️😉🤣 for reference the Explorer is a unibody RWD based SUV much like the Grand Cherokee and Durango have been for YEARS.

Speaking of car transmissions ... Ford puts the 10r80 in a Mustang and F-150 🤯

Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Edge ST has a 7 speed.

To be fair the Explorer now has a Timberline "off-road" edition 🤷🏻‍♂️😉🤣 for reference the Explorer is a unibody RWD based SUV much like the Grand Cherokee and Durango have been for YEARS.

Yep.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Edge ST has a 7 speed.

Explorer went back to longitudinally mounted body on frame in 2020 if I understand the reviews I watched properly.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Explorer went back to longitudinally mounted body on frame in 2020 if I understand the reviews I watched properly.
Nope.

"Its new unibody platform with a longitudinally-mounted engine and standard rear-wheel drive mimics the layout found in many luxury SUVs, marking the third major change to the Explorer's construction after it went from being a body-on-frame, truck-based SUV for its first four generations to being a transverse-engined crossover for its fifth."

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nope.

"Its new unibody platform with a longitudinally-mounted engine and standard rear-wheel drive"
Thanks. That quote is hard to read, but I guess this is the part that matters