First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I have just committed to spend the 7 or 800 bucks to go Line-X Premium. My local shop said that is how much they charge for a 2 door jeep. Lifetime warranty for peeling, cracking and fading.
Ford Bronco We need outdoor photos of ALL body colors with MIC tops 6417DA9E-31C3-45E4-83ED-DB9F5A9CDF6A-1704-00000359D9F663C0-1

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're getting a 2-door, its the only game in town.

Some body colors pair OK.....some are marginal....and a few may be putrid. Now's the time to find out!!! To be honest I'm not comfortable rolling the dice based on colorizer/B&P imagery.

This is especially important because MIC appearance has evolved - and many of the early photos are no longer representative. Plus I've seen differing MIC looks from 2 to 4 door Broncos
I’m not sold that with I.T. Advancements that they can’t come up with “real” life photos of potential builds than these stupid CGI images.
The A51 isn’t close to real life photos and I suspect many other colors are the same

I’m just glad I’ve gotten a chance to see my color on a pre-priduction build

I think Ford would do itself a favor to get more pre-builds out in different trims and colors

I would bet a 2 dollar bill they would sell more

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At this point I have just committed to spend the 7 or 800 bucks to go Line-X Premium. My local shop said that is how much they charge for a 2 door jeep. Lifetime warranty for peeling, cracking and fading.
Ford Bronco We need outdoor photos of ALL body colors with MIC tops 6417DA9E-31C3-45E4-83ED-DB9F5A9CDF6A-1704-00000359D9F663C0-1
That’s an option, personally don’t like a bumpy finish, looks kinda cheap

Sponsored

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Line-X is actually pretty smooth. I have it my truck bed and it is not that rough. The MIC top is very textured too. When I saw it in Tennessee it was far from smooth. Very similar to Line-X texture.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Line-X is actually pretty smooth. I have it my truck bed and it is not that rough. The MIC top is very textured too. When I saw it in Tennessee it was far from smooth. Very similar to Line-X texture.
Can the mic not be painted normally? Or just wanting the extra durability of line-x?

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be tough to paint. Lot of sanding and prep. Then it would likely peel down the road. Line-X typically adheres very well. Durability is just a bonus for me.

The other trim pieces aren't really dark black either though. Line-X may be too black. Why could Ford not have just got this right from the get go?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would be tough to paint. Lot of sanding and prep. Then it would likely peel down the road. Line-X typically adheres very well. Durability is just a bonus for me.

The other trim pieces aren't really dark black either though. Line-X may be too black. Why could Ford not have just got this right from the get go?
I think grey will hide dirt better and not look dirty the first time you pull it out of the garage. Don’t mind it, just mind the mismatched trim colors

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can the mic not be painted normally? Or just wanting the extra durability of line-x?
My buddy owns a major body shop (they do all the Ford, Subaru, Jeep, Lincoln, Lexus) dealers paint and body in our area. Spoke to him and showed my close up pics of the MIC top from when I was there live in Tennessee and he feels pretty sure it can be painted, might need some prep. I wanted white top and gonna have his shops paint it right after I get home.

Or. Not sure why Ford can’t ask the MIC top manufacturer to add extra black dye in the mix so it’s actually black/very dark grey. Seems like a no brainer and would be same cost as the current color.

Here’s a closeup pic.

Ford Bronco We need outdoor photos of ALL body colors with MIC tops 169A8E9F-A780-44B4-9176-EF76E17D92DA

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
KC - elbow your way into the paint room & do one up in VB...then stick a representative MIC top on it :cool:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco Sports are due to hit lots and customers in December (and maybe even November). CG and Area 51 will likely be well represented. My plan is to troll the local lots.
IF they are both on the same lot then we NEED research photos please.
Sponsored