First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just on the FORD build BS and You cant get a modular top for the 2 door or the body color top, So has something happened to the Modular tops and why is FORD NOT compensating us for this inconvenience, days be for the Build goes live???? $1800 off MSRP and I'll still have to buy the Modular top at sometime for $1,800. It's just me stuck with an extra top I don't want, can't sell and will have store somewhere? What about giving the People that want the Modular top the Modular top and the vinyl tops for the $1800 for waiting and take the MIC top back????? HEY FORD!! are you listing ?
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At this point I have just committed to spend the 7 or 800 bucks to go Line-X Premium. My local shop said that is how much they charge for a 2 door jeep. Lifetime warranty for peeling, cracking and fading.
6417DA9E-31C3-45E4-83ED-DB9F5A9CDF6A-1704-00000359D9F663C0-1.jpg
Ask your local shop how many pounds will the Line-X Premium add to a 2-door Wrangler and is there a white Line-X option that looks good?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ask your local shop how many pounds will the Line-X Premium add to a 2-door Wrangler and is there a white Line-X option that looks good?
It adds almost no weight, it isn't that heavy, maybe 10lbs at the most for the whole hard top. Also, you can mask and do it yourself with an air compressor and Raptor liner kit for about $150.

It's really easy to do, did my whole 4runner with raptor liner.

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are we sure that the "grey" everybody is seeing isn't just glare? The dark parts of your pic look darn near black to me. Light black maybe.
I'm pretty sure that's not glare....but we've been seeing MIC tops that look like Black....Silvery....bronzish - and shades of grey in-between.

One of the guys who works at MAP, said yesterday they've been getting inconsistent product from whoever is providing these pre-production MIC tops.

The top is going to make a big difference for the overall vehicle appearance...I sure hope Ford shows us a Final Production color soon.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fords carbonized gray paint has been said to have some bronze in it at certain light. So you may expect the same for the MIC top which is technically carbonized gray.

You could see some bronze in the A51 photo a couple pages back.

Personally I switched from AMB OBX to A51 Badlands due to this clustF. Don’t even know if I’ll like A51 for more than a year or 2 let alone the 10+ years I’m keeping it. But hey, it looks great with the MIC top they are offering.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13817

Are we sure that the "grey" everybody is seeing isn't just glare?

The dark parts of your pic look darn near black to me. Light black maybe.
Guys, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the angle of picture is affecting the “grey”, let me explain:

You have to see it in person to understand but someone explained it’s appearance as sharkskin and I immediately thought that was a perfect example.

The MIC top still isn’t my cup of tea but it doesn’t look like the pictures in person. It has more silver quality in it than you think. No one standing next to it in person would think it looks faded, you just can’t capture it well in pictures. I hope this helps...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm pretty sure that's not glare....but we've been seeing MIC tops that look like Black....Silvery....bronzish - and shades of grey in-between.

One of the guys who works at MAP, said yesterday they've been getting inconsistent product from whoever is providing these pre-production MIC tops.

The top is going to make a big difference for the overall vehicle appearance...I sure hope Ford shows us a Final Production color soon.
They're made by Webasto, who also makes Jeep tops, who also had delays with Jeep tops.

We have a member here who works for them but he's been pretty tight lipped.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guys, I can tell you with 100% certainty that the angle of picture is affecting the “grey”, let me explain:

You have to see it in person to understand but someone explained it’s appearance as sharkskin and I immediately thought that was a perfect example.

The MIC top still isn’t my cup of tea but it doesn’t look like the pictures in person. It has more silver quality in it than you think. No one standing next to it in person would think it looks faded, you just can’t capture it well in pictures. I hope this helps...
I was hoping that was the case. It looks fairly dark behind the "shimmer."

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree on seeing some pics of the paint colors. There's only a handful that we need some real clarity on.

Antimatter blue - Gas cans are the only representation to go off of at this time.

Carbonized Grey - Gas cans again.

Iconic Silver - its out there on other models.

I think maybe Velocity Blue is the only other color we've not really seen.

I'm sure we'll see some F150s or others before we order in December. Just need to be patient.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was just on the FORD build BS and You cant get a modular top for the 2 door or the body color top, So has something happened to the Modular tops and why is FORD NOT compensating us for this inconvenience, days be for the Build goes live???? $1800 off MSRP and I'll still have to buy the Modular top at sometime for $1,800. It's just me stuck with an extra top I don't want, can't sell and will have store somewhere? What about giving the People that want the Modular top the Modular top and the vinyl tops for the $1800 for waiting and take the MIC top back????? HEY FORD!! are you listing ?
That's it, this video just helped me make my decision! I will be waiting until the color matched top is available! Thanks for sharing! Now if you can just find and post the video featuring a 4 door that would be great....

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I have just committed to spend the 7 or 800 bucks to go Line-X Premium. My local shop said that is how much they charge for a 2 door jeep. Lifetime warranty for peeling, cracking and fading.
6417DA9E-31C3-45E4-83ED-DB9F5A9CDF6A-1704-00000359D9F663C0-1.jpg
Exactly, I am thinking of doing the same thing. There are now a couple of other posts about redoing the color of the MIC tops as soon as we get our Broncos. I would rather just paint it like I want then wait another year.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree we need a good quality picture of all the paints and grey tops. It will affect my color choice too.
I also do not understand all the talk of mismatched grey and black on the trim. Ford has been doing this for years on their trucks. I custom ordered a Superduty in the fall of 1999 ( I waited until April 2000 to get it; sensing a tend here. I still own and drive it weekly), It has grey running boards, front bumper trim, bed rails. The remaining trim, door handles, rear bumper trim, and other are black. I never heard an uproar over that. I see this on other models of Fords going down the road. Look around when you drive.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're getting a 2-door, its the only game in town.

Some body colors pair OK.....some are marginal....and a few may be putrid. Now's the time to find out!!! To be honest I'm not comfortable rolling the dice based on colorizer/B&P imagery.

This is especially important because MIC appearance has evolved - and many of the early photos are no longer representative. Plus I've seen differing MIC looks from 2 to 4 door Broncos
What colors?

Ford Bronco We need outdoor photos of ALL body colors with MIC tops Screenshot_20201002-093301_Gallery

Ford Bronco We need outdoor photos of ALL body colors with MIC tops Screenshot_20201002-093158_Gallery