Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will take more than this forum.

I've said it before on here.... As bad as the dealers are that slap ADM on vehicles the customers are just as much to blame.

Stop paying extra just for the privilege of owning something that's mass produced!

I've seen it on here already.... People buying Broncos of the lot for 5k over and saying they don't mind because it's a good deal comparativly.

I can't imagine wanting a Bronco so bad I'd pay extra for it.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will take more than this forum.

I've said it before on here.... As bad as the dealers are that slap ADM on vehicles the customers are just as much to blame.

Stop paying extra just for the privilege of owning something that's mass produced!

I've seen it on here already.... People buying Broncos of the lot for 5k over and saying they don't mind because it's a good deal comparativly.

I can't imagine wanting a Bronco so bad I'd pay extra for it.
I remember the days that you went to the dealership and haggling for the best price. Now people are just paying for something that won’t hold its price In five years.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've been saying that with the 66-77 broncos for about 5 years. Quit paying $10k for a pile of rust with no engine, $40k for a nice survivor, and $100k+ for restoration or a restomod and the prices will come down. But people keep handing over the cash lol.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've been saying that with the 66-77 broncos for about 5 years. Quit paying $10k for a pile of rust with no engine, $40k for a nice survivor, and $100k+ for restoration or a restomod and the prices will come down. But people keep handing over the cash lol.
I get what you are saying but think rarity (that will continue into the future) drives up prices of older Broncos. As someone else mentioned ADM markups are a little different because these are being mass produced and the current "rarity" factor will be gone in a year or less.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as there are people willing to drop $5-50k over msrp, good luck. These are the same people bidding $50k+ over on houses. Can't change that 'gotta have it' mentality American consumerism has burned into us.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as there are people willing to drop $5-50k over msrp, good luck. These are the same people bidding $50k+ over on houses. Can't change that 'gotta have it' mentality American consumerism has burned into us.
Exactly!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us organized groups in our states and areas and negotiated below MSRP deals last year. Some went on there own and got a signed deal in writing at their dealership of choice. It appears that there are many who just ordered and didn't do a bit of negotiating let alone get anything in writing.

The problem with your idea is the basic laws of supply and demand.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you’re fighting a losing battle. They are going for nearly double on eBay and people are paying it.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get what you are saying but think rarity (that will continue into the future) drives up prices of older Broncos. As someone else mentioned ADM markups are a little different because these are being mass produced and the current "rarity" factor will be gone in a year or less.
One would think that they are rare, but believe me once the 66-77 bronco owners started seeing those sale prices, 66-77 started showing up everywhere lol.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

But they are rare right now. And most likely the supply won't catch up with demand for several years now. We all had a chance to get in on the group buys and everyone that really wanted to, already did.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Current market forces are stronger than any collective action you are proposing. I sold my used car for $9k more than I previously could have. If I have to pay $5-$10k in ADM (which I don't think I will have to) I will accept it.

Manufacturers have production/supply issues. Dealerships don't have inventory. Consumers have money and want to buy cars (new and used).

In what respect do you think this situation would result in reduced pricing?
Sponsored