Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know, Ford did not commit to building ONLY big bend 2.3L non-SAS soft top for dealer stock. Dealers will certainly demand a share of high option stuff in their soft top stock builds.

So I don't think it is possible to say that reservation orders will not be impacted. For example, early res may continue to be impacted if they decide to reserve certain commodities for dealer stock builds instead. Ford has so many orders to choose from that they can decide to make whatever mix is most beneficial to Ford and dealerships.
Good point. The hard tops were the main constraint on my mind. If there were any justice in this, these dealer stock builds would not be allowed to have any of the sins.
Sponsored

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has actually has several Broncos ā€œcoming soonā€ with window stickers and everything on their website for at least a week. I was wondering if these were actually reservation holders Broncos, or if they were getting them to sell. Starting to sound like the latter.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep telling myself that this time next year none of this will matter. I'd love to be driving it sooner than later, but I would rather get what I want than chase a top and actually be having regrets this time next year.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So once ford starts building the Broncos they (can build), does that mean our deadly 5 become the deadly 6, 7, 8. Because they completely run out of other commodities?

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So once ford starts building the Broncos they (can build), does that mean our deadly 5 become the deadly 6, 7, 8. Because they completely run out of other commodities?
Even if they donā€™t have commodity issues they might feed us that info so Ford and the dealerships can maximize profits this year. In most cases, they wonā€™t make as much off an order vs. one sold on the lot.

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good old Ford, figured this would happen anyway. Still going to keep my 99 so I can order a manual sasquatch. But, since our '17 Fusion is turning into a crap pile with 56,000 on it maybe be able to trade it in on a dealer stock 4 door for the wife, just got to find one without a dealer markup. (local dealer already said they'd markup any they get)

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is exactly what Ford is saying and what Ford is going to do! Those of us that had Day 1 or Day 2 reservations that have patiently been waiting for our Broncos, and I use the word patiently while biting my tongue, will now, unless we want to receive a soft top will now watch dealers receive Broncos with soft tops to sell to any Johnny Come Lately walking in off the street with no reservation!
Yeah, true but they will paying 10-15k over US, for the wimpy ones, with street tires, non special rigs.
If we see ANY hardtop, Tow kits!
Then we shall have a Riot!!!!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(also, is this a bad time to mention I already got my window sticker for the rubicon gladiator, after ordering on the 9th? lmao)
I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad time to point out that you got a sticker for a vehicle thatā€™s already been in production for a couple of years. Those gladiators are just sitting on the lots around here... maybe not the actual build a person wants, but I drive by several of them every day... including a Rubicon and Mojave. Best of luck with yours.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has actually has several Broncos ā€œcoming soonā€ with window stickers and everything on their website for at least a week. I was wondering if these were actually reservation holders Broncos, or if they were getting them to sell. Starting to sound like the latter.
Ford hasn't started making dealer stock already. They've just acknowledged that in order to run production at a high level they're going to have to build more soft tops than there are orders for them. Dealer lots are where they'll go.

But there are enough soft top orders to keep the plant busy for a while - will be interesting to see how many more switch over now that the prep pack is available.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the dealers are just as fed up with Ford as the reservation holders. I canā€™t imagine there will be any bronco hard tops sitting on lots but I could be wrong.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All right folks! I am just as upset as some of you, but do you really think Ford would purposely screw themselves. This whole year and a half has been screwed for everybody the repercussions are going to go on for years. Think about it, do you think that theyā€™re going to turn off the assembly line for a special order because they donā€™t have parts?
ā€œWhoa wait a minute everyone stop everything Joe Blowā€™s Sasquatch package isnā€™t here I guess we have to stop!ā€ ā€œWell everyone go home until we get parts for his b
Bronco!ā€
I know, weā€™re all looking for someone to blame for this shitty past year and a half weā€™ve had.
You can blame the government theyā€™re the ones that wanted to shut everything down!!

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I didn't have a VIN for a soft top BASEQUATCH, I assume I would be even more frustrated than I am by this dealer stock concept, which, along with the late offering of the free hard top prep kit to soft tops after pending soft top builds, does elicit some 'WTF" face from me. But done correctly (or just not really badly), it can be viewed as a good thing in at least one significant sense.

Would we, the Bronco fan-club, want Ford to sit around making nothing for anyone but reservation holders, if Ford could otherwise build some dealer stock (within reason on the deadly sin components), to be sold to Johnny Markup? This will be a boost for sales numbers during industry-wide general unit shortages.

Would we really want this company, that we all need to be successful, to harm its overall bottom line by not building dealer stock with available parts? Don't we need Ford to make big piles of money in order for Ford to be able to produce the specific stuff we have researched and concluded is a good deal, which we want so much, and to keep that product hot, so the future roof options, and bumpers, and accessories (for the love of God give me the sliding tailgate) continue to be developed?

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad time to point out that you got a sticker for a vehicle thatā€™s already been in production for a couple of years. Those gladiators are just sitting on the lots around here... maybe not the actual build a person wants, but I drive by several of them every day... including a Rubicon and Mojave. Best of luck with yours.
It will be interesting to see if my ordered vehicle handles as well as the test drive vehicle did, because it was great. And Iā€™ve still got my Bronco res, just going to wait a bit for things to settle down and get rolling, then see where things are.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... But it isnā€™t putting regular orders at the ā€œbottomā€ of the totem pole lol. It just means that when they have no more soft top orders left they will just build all the remaining hard top orders and any leftover capacity goes to dealer stock units.
I donā€™t think thatā€™s exactly what it meansā€¦..a dealer can be out of allocation for the year and have plenty of soft top orders leftā€¦but Ford will build soft tops for other dealers who still have allocation slots remaining but no soft top customer orders. You can have a clean buildable, soft top and be SOL and builds can go to the bigger dealer down the street and you have to wait until ā€˜22. That will happen quite a bit unless they change the allocation structure for Bronco.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So why donā€™t they have dealers contact those with Hard top orders and ask if they are willing to switch to a soft top and soften the blow with a discount on the future purchase of the hard top? Iā€™m likely going to switch to a soft top because I want to get the ball rolling before my new born is due in December. Need a safer vehicle for family and fun, haha. I live in Florida so the soft top in the winter will be great, not sure about the summers but Iā€™m sure the AC will be blasting and Iā€™ll slap ceramic tint on the glass windows to help. Even if Ford was to offer the hardtop with headliner for the build and price cost, I believe people would be more willing. Them adding the prep kit has made my decision easier but not 100% yet.
Sponsored