First Name
laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 buick lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I can get a Bronco, I just have to change to a soft top.... oh wait, I ordered a WildTrak.... and I cant get a soft top on a Wildtrak. So I can get a Bronco, I just have to change to a different trim level and select a soft top. But if I really want a Bronco... I should probably also switch from a 2.7, Lux, Tow Package, Bull Bar, Leather.... So I can get a Bronco.... If I do all of that... or if I just walk into my local mega dealer in a month and buy a Big Bend 4-door with soft top and 2.3L right off the lot. So what in the F$&% have I been doing waiting around for the last year!!!!! Ok, hand me my beer back.
Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weā€™ll shit, there goes my plan to flip this thing. I was actually hoping to drive it for a few months, then sell it so I could save and get a four-door in 2 years. (Kid coming soon).

but now that anybody can basically go to a dealer and get a soft top, iā€™m sure that will affect resell value from customer orders. #shame

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m a priority code 12 w a 4 door BD, 2.3, Mid,soft top no hitchā€¦no build date. I can see getting a build date in a couple weeks and then missing the hardtop adapter/hook ups šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜©šŸ˜‘

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When someone doesnā€™t know how reservations are supposed to work or how waiting a year works.

Yes, people should complain.

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All right folks! I am just as upset as some of you, but do you really think Ford would purposely screw themselves. This whole year and a half has been screwed for everybody the repercussions are going to go on for years. Think about it, do you think that theyā€™re going to turn off the assembly line for a special order because they donā€™t have parts?
ā€œWhoa wait a minute everyone stop everything Joe Blowā€™s Sasquatch package isnā€™t here I guess we have to stop!ā€ ā€œWell everyone go home until we get parts for his b
Bronco!ā€
I know, weā€™re all looking for someone to blame for this shitty past year and a half weā€™ve had.
You can blame the government theyā€™re the ones that wanted to shut everything down!!
Yes, I would blame Ford for not getting the parts. Funny how everyone blames the government.

Mine is being built in three weeks because I changed to soft top, so Iā€™m not complaining on behalf of myself but on behalf of the folks who have been totally screwed.

Sponsored

Lars_B_Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks, 2011 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's the summary of the exchange from my dealer, who's been awesome BTW.

As I am #8 in line, with MIC and everyone in front of me is MIC, the June 25th letter does not affect my place in line.
Now with more deliveries with softtops direct to dealers, that may slow down deliveries of MIC reserved orders of MY21 . . . maybe.
My estimated delivery was Nov-Dec 21 and maybe now its between Dec 21 Jan-Feb 22. So for my situation, I've waited over 11 months thus far and I am in a position to bear some further delays.

(BTW, my dealer's sales manager is a bit frustrated himself from all the changes AND having only a fraction of usual new inventory for 2 months and running. That's his job but he appreciated some props from me and I'm sure from other customers with positive feedback)

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is taking the fun out of getting a new vehicle. Ford failed on this email and failed at planning, come on folks stop making excuses, if I don't do my job I get fired. That email was terrible, they should have clear communications and not hide behind nuance of words.. Just makes you think if they cant have an upfront communication what else are they hiding, they have lost my trust.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a visualization that might help. Envision a totem pole with six faces carved in it. Go all the way to the bottom to the one that is scuffed up from being accidently kicked and soaked in rain water and dog pee. Now dig down a foot in the mud to uncover the buried face under it. That is where we are in the hierarchy.
And if you scrape under that face you will find another face that resembles all 2-door res holders

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The thing about this: if I were Ford, I would release 2022 details at this point, in part to put something positive to look forward too, and relieve the pressure on 2021. (The more people who volunteer to switch to 22, the more flexible Bronco scheduling becomes.)
Sponsored