Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They could have done like this

8E44E995-1697-4CB1-8B27-E96A47E60550.jpeg
As far as I can tell the Capable bumper that is a B&P option on the Base, BB, OBX, and WT is very similar to this. It can't currently be optioned through the B&P on the BD, BL, or FE. I don't know if this is 100% intentional or a bug. I like the idea of having factory wiring for fog lights to a dedicated fog light toggle even if I don't actually use the factory lights. Sure, we can wire it to the AUX switches but that means we have 5 switches for other things now instead 6 like the other trims with factory fog switches.
Sponsored

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picture from Baja designs websitefor their lights on Bronco

Ford Bronco Weak that fog lights not included with the modular bumper CB2F18B2-9571-4FD6-824C-ED239AAE161F

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems a little weak that there are no included fog lights with the modular bumper. The price-point is there and what modern, mid-level and up vehicle doesn't include fog lights? Just feels like a cop out. I know they will be easy to include with the auxiliary switches, but they should be included and on the steering column like every other new vehicle. If they are actually included, please send me some info on that, as it doesn't show up on any of the newer pictures from Mules.
Ford Bronco Weak that fog lights not included with the modular bumper 1607577905425

Ford Bronco Weak that fog lights not included with the modular bumper 1607577884732

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of people see and use fog and driving lights interchangeably. Both physically and communicatively. Both lights are largely intended to benefit the driver. There may be some benefit to other motorists and pedestrians.
The three points of light mentioned I believe is more about three points being needed for depth-perception. Most people with two eyes can calculate this while focused on a single object. Motorcycles utilizing more lights gives the impression of a larger vehicle. Other drivers more quickly identify this as another vehicle and act accordingly.
With the height of the bumpers and therefore the light mounting locations on any Bronco, effective fog lights are pretty much out.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aftermarket lights and brackets for the holes in that capable bumper will allow adgustment of the beam and then a high quality amber lens light will work well for a fog light. Throw in a couple of combo and spots, A pillar lights and off road at night is much easier, not to mention back country roads at night in deer country.
Sponsored