First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got news that an acquaintance of mine died in a Jeep accident while rock crawling last night. He actually rolled his Jeep a few weeks ago when I was there, and I helped with getting it back running (had to pull the plugs). Rolled off a cliff last night and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. It sounds like they ended up leaving him there and rushed his son to the hospital, since they were out of cell service and didn’t have radio. Luckily his son is going to be OK but he didn’t make it.

This now marks the 4th person I know who has died who wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.(Keep in mind I’m 24... it should be zero) It’s insane to not do so in this day and age, ESPECIALLY when you’re off-roading.

Not even sure why I’m posting this here, just wanted to get it off my chest. So frustrating to see.
Sponsored

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry to hear that, its unfortunate some feel the laws of physics don't apply to them. Look at all the safety gear professional racers wear, just because your going slow does not avoid accidents.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear that, its unfortunate some feel the laws of physics don't apply to them. Look at all the safety gear professional racers wear, just because your going slow does not avoid accidents.
Stupidest thing is he had a 6 point harness he just wasn’t wearing it.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unbearable news. Sorry Nick. Hope you find comfort knowing that this post of yours WILL sink into our heads.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unbearable news. Sorry Nick. Hope you find comfort knowing that this post of yours WILL sink into our heads.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I just remember my parents telling me when I was a little kid that they had so many friends who died in car accidents, and luckily I wouldn’t have to deal with that since cars are so much safer nowadays.

Only problem is if you don’t use those available safety options....

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we were going to get some food the other day and there was a nissan rogue flipped off of an exit ramp. thankfully it appears everyone in the car was wearing their seatbelts because there was three people (looked like one mom and two kids) sitting at the side of the road. all the airbags had gone off and it was on its roof. i hope that it was just them. no ambulance but a fire truck and a cop car...

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for you loss. I am guilty of not Always wearing one when I operate the mini excavator at work but always wear it in the truck. It has to be a habit every time you operate any vehicle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing with a motorcycle. Wear your gear. Every time. I taught both my kids to ride but made them promise to wear there gear, every time. It’s stupid dying from minor accidents that you could have walked away from.
Sponsored