First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I had my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon trim, with rock rails, WeatherTech made me very happy with these. I was sure they'd follow the same design approach and mold in an indention for the rock rail. Clearly the same engineer was not assigned to Bronco.

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645199123211

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 1645199157990
Sponsored

Evnstar

Wildtrak
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sure looks like they are on wrong. The top in the picture looks like it belongs on the right side. looks like it's molded for the fender flare there. Looks like there are on sideways.
Good catch! I hope you’re right. 🤞🏻

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I had my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon trim, with rock rails, WeatherTech made me very happy with these. I was sure they'd follow the same design approach and mold in an indention for the rock rail. Clearly the same engineer was not assigned to Bronco.

Or they did not have a model with rock rails to scan. Only had one with steps.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sure looks like they are on wrong. The top in the picture looks like it belongs on the right side. looks like it's molded for the fender flare there. Looks like there are on sideways.
I thought so too, but look at the mount point. It would only go on one way

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From Weathertechtoday (2/18):

"Good morning, Cat-

Thank you for your patience!
I contacted our Engineering department to provide you with some additional information.

Each WeatherTech MudFlap is individually designed to create the best MudFlap available.
Ease of installation, vehicle protection, and aesthetics are constant influences in this. Usually pushing back at each other.

Part 110140, the Ford Bronco front Mudflaps, were challenging and required special considerations.

- Ease of installation and removal if desired - The traditional J-shaped design was deviated from the basis that a drilled upper connection point would be required.
-Quick release fenders would also need MudFlap separation if desired. The On/off removability would be more difficult and leave a permanent attachment hole.
- Without a secure attachment, the molded plastic coming up following the lines of the fender would create a vibration point. The material would eventually be rubbed away.
-The traditional J-shaped design would also create a pocket for rocks and debris to accumulate inside the fender.

[First 3 pics, below]

Vehicle protection was considered with the gap created. The centerline of the tire in relation to the gap would be below. Debris would be unlikely to travel through the trajectory and reach the door panels. Nylon u-clips versus steel u-clips were also supplied to avoid galvanic corrosion.

[Second set of 3 pics]

Aesthetics were considered with our traditional bulbous MudFlap design. However, with requirements to avoid the rock rails, tube step, and large 35” wheels, design
modifications to the traditional MudFlap needed to be implemented. The bulbous design on the outer half was left, to create strength on the extension outer part.

[Last 3 pics]

I hope this helps!
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re happy to help.
Best Regards,"
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image003
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image004
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image005
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image006
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image007
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image008
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image009
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image010
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website image011

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was a good response from Weathertech, but they still look terrible. Not for me.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are pics of the Weathertech mudflaps...for the WildTrak with tube steps. Pic shows rails, tho. I ordered a set. Not sure if i will like them.

IMO...WeatherTech needs to go back to the drawing board. They need to extend upwards like all flaps do. As designed these will still allow rocks and road wash to get by them.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From Weathertechtoday (2/18):

"Good morning, Cat-

Thank you for your patience!
I contacted our Engineering department to provide you with some additional information.

Each WeatherTech MudFlap is individually designed to create the best MudFlap available.
Ease of installation, vehicle protection, and aesthetics are constant influences in this. Usually pushing back at each other.

Part 110140, the Ford Bronco front Mudflaps, were challenging and required special considerations.

- Ease of installation and removal if desired - The traditional J-shaped design was deviated from the basis that a drilled upper connection point would be required.
-Quick release fenders would also need MudFlap separation if desired. The On/off removability would be more difficult and leave a permanent attachment hole.
- Without a secure attachment, the molded plastic coming up following the lines of the fender would create a vibration point. The material would eventually be rubbed away.
-The traditional J-shaped design would also create a pocket for rocks and debris to accumulate inside the fender.

[First 3 pics, below]

Vehicle protection was considered with the gap created. The centerline of the tire in relation to the gap would be below. Debris would be unlikely to travel through the trajectory and reach the door panels. Nylon u-clips versus steel u-clips were also supplied to avoid galvanic corrosion.

[Second set of 3 pics]

Aesthetics were considered with our traditional bulbous MudFlap design. However, with requirements to avoid the rock rails, tube step, and large 35” wheels, design
modifications to the traditional MudFlap needed to be implemented. The bulbous design on the outer half was left, to create strength on the extension outer part.

[Last 3 pics]

I hope this helps!
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re happy to help.
Best Regards,"
Thanks for the info. I still think they could have used the clip design Ford implements on the standard flaps to secure the upper ear of the flap to the flare. I get what they are saying about the gap but they still just look terrible. With a little more thinking and planning, they could have had a much better product. Oh well...

OP
OP
mrdibbles

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what is also being missed here... is that I (speaking only for myself) would have been willing to pay double over what these failed MudFlaps were offered for. Had they been done properly and integrated into the vehicle seamlessly. That would likely have incurred additional costs in R&D and manufacturing to make that happen. For me their primary competition right now is the Gatorback solutions, or the modification path (which takes time and costs us money - time isn't free). I just feel they went the cheapest possible path.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe they will go back to the drawing board when no one buys them and they get continual poor feedback. They look terrible.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I still think they could have used the clip design Ford implements on the standard flaps to secure the upper ear of the flap to the flare. I get what they are saying about the gap but they still just look terrible. With a little more thinking and planning, they could have had a much better product. Oh well...
Yup, I wouldn’t have cared for a additional hole to secure them.

Although I’m guessing they wanted to stick with the “no-drill” philosophy…. But still, 3M automotive tape or something! Don’t leave that little gap!

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Not Better.
If I saw those on a vehicle I'd swear someone installed them incorrectly. And as noted - far too much of a gap to be effective. I'd pay at least $150 for a nice molded pair of flaps that looked halfway decent. These do not meet that requirement.

Reactions: Cat

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 50666A2B-19F7-460A-9B13-14FE7B80AA98

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website 50666A2B-19F7-460A-9B13-14FE7B80AA98
Those are exactly what I was hoping they would roll out. It can't possibly be that difficult.
Sponsored