Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do we have a picture of the rear flaps?
Thanks, Cat. Now that I've seen the picture I can understand why they have the "depression"...looks like it's to allow for door swing. They look a bit better with the tube steps, but still meh.
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why are WildTrack models singled out for mudflaps?
Bcuz Weathertech understands....

Wildtrak - Team 2 Door are purpose built and badass.....🤩👍👍

Lol

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

Ordered the Weathertech front and rear mudflaps Thursday evening and received them today (Saturday). I only live about 45 minutes from their Bolingbrook HQ so it was a pretty quick turnaround.

TL;DR: These look better in person than I expected.

Installation: This was pretty easy for both front and rear. The biggest challenge was that it's a pretty tight space in both locations, but as long as you have the right tools it's a piece of cake.

Speaking of tools, the instructions were straightforward and easy to follow, although they tell you you need a socket wrench (for front and rear) and a Phillips head screwdriver for the front, but they don't tell you what sizes of sockets. I'm here for you though, fam: you'll need an 8 mm for the front hex screws and a 10 mm for the rear hex screws. You'll also need a 15 mm for the two rear bolts. Oh, and you'll definitely need an extension for the rear two bolts (I used a 3/8").

In all, installation took about 45 minutes total for both sets. Once I got one side on, the other side went quicker because it was just the same thing in reverse. I found the passenger's side easier because I'm right-handed, so it made it easier with the tools. Oh, and it was 20 degrees out and I was wearing gloves, which may have slowed me down a bit. :)

It was nice to have a no-drill installation. You will end up replacing some of the original parts, so I recommend you save those if you think you might want to remove these later. Specifically, you'll replace four original fender liner screws on each side in the front, and you'll also remove three hex screws and the little plastic trim piece by the fender in the rear. These are now safely in a ziplock bag in my garage if I ever need them.

Fitment: No complaints here. They are well-engineered (as far as fit is concerned) and there were no issues at all fitting them on the Bronco. Also, you can tell that these things were really made with the tube steps in mind. The indent fits well around the end of the steps. Also, it's a very solid connection once mounted.

Looks: I know this is the most controversial area. Honestly, the gap is certainly there, but it's not as bad in person as it looks in pictures. And with the tube steps, I think this is actually not a bad look. I was honestly more on the fence about the rear flaps, since I thought it would really mess up the rear profile view since the flaps partially obscure the badass SAS tires. It does change the look, but I kind of like it. I think it gives the Bronco a wider, more aggressive stance. Anyway, let me know what you think. Again, I believe both the front and rear look better in person than they do in the pics... somehow it's just like that elusive Cactus Gray color—pictures just don't do it justice. :)

Functionality: We'll see how it is long term, but I went down the street where there was a short stretch of snow slush left. I put it in 4WD and gunned so I could get all four wheels spinning. Results? I didn't see any spray on the body. It was about to get dark so this was just a quick test, but I'm heading up to Wisconsin to do some snowboarding tomorrow so we'll see how it fares on a longer road test.

So anyway, pics...

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1640

Boxed front and rear flaps

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1643

Both sets of mudflaps (rear at top, front at bottom)

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1646

Pre-installation. You'll want to turn your tire all the way to the right to provide clearance for driver's side installation and the opposite for the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1649

Rear wheel, pre-installation. You'll be removing that little plastic trim tab attached to the bumper.

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1661
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1663
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1669
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1667

Front flap installed

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1670

This is the fender liner location where you'll remove the screws. It may have been easier if the liner wasn't frozen, but it was still pretty easy to remove the screws and put the provide U-clips on.

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1672

Rear flap installed. If anything, this was even easier than the front.

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1673

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1674
Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1675

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1678

Ford Bronco Weathertech - Mud Flaps - "Coming Soon" on Website IMG_1680

Well, that's it. Hope this was useful. Let me know what you think.

I'll check back in once I put them through their paces for a week or so.

I can tell you that all the snow slush and salt all up the side of my doors was beginning to be a major PITA, so if this helps solve that problem, I can definitely say it was $80 well spent.

[EDIT] Two additional tips I forgot to mention:

- It takes a good couple of whacks to get the plastic push-in connector in the front wheel wells in. I just used the bottom of my screwdriver to hammer it.

- The protrusion on the U-clips should face back (towards the inside of the wheel well liner).

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

Ordered the Weathertech front and rear mudflaps Thursday evening and received them today (Saturday). I only live about 45 minutes from their Bolingbrook HQ so it was a pretty quick turnaround.

Installation: This was pretty easy for both front and rear. The biggest challenge was that it's a pretty tight space in both locations, but as long as you have the right tools it's a piece of cake.

Speaking of tools, the instructions were straightforward and easy to follow, although they tell you you need a socket wrench (for front and rear) and a Phillips head screwdriver for the front, but they don't tell you what sizes of sockets. I'm here for you though, fam: you'll need an 8 mm for the front hex screws and a 10 mm for the rear hex screws. You'll also need a 15 mm for the two rear bolts. Oh, and you'll definitely need an extension for the rear two bolts (I used a 3/8").

In all, installation took about 45 minutes total for both sets. Once I got one side on, the other side went quicker because it was just the same thing in reverse. I found the passenger's side easier because I'm right-handed, so it made it easier with the tools. Oh, and it was 20 degrees out and I was wearing gloves, which may have slowed me down a bit. :)

It was nice to have a no-drill installation. You will end up replacing some of the original parts, so I recommend you save those if you think you might want to remove these later. Specifically, you'll replace four original fender liner screws on each side in the front, and you'll also remove three hex screws and the little plastic trim piece by the fender in the rear. These are now safely in a ziplock bag in my garage if I ever need them.

Fitment: No complaints here. They are well-engineered (as far as fit is concerned) and there were no issues at all fitting them on the Bronco. Also, you can tell that these things were really made with the tube steps in mind. The indent fits well around the end of the steps. Also, it's a very solid connection once mounted.

Looks: I know this is the most controversial area. Honestly, the gap is certainly there, but it's not as bad in person as it looks in pictures. And with the tube steps, I think this is actually not a bad look. I was honestly more on the fence about the rear flaps, since I thought it would really mess up the rear profile view since the flaps partially obscure the badass SAS tires. It does change the look, but I kind of like it. I think it gives the Bronco a wider, more aggressive stance. Anyway, let me know what you think. Again, I believe both the front and rear look better in person than they do in the pics... somehow it's just like that elusive Cactus Gray color—pictures just don't do it justice. :)

Functionality: We'll see how it is long term, but I went down the street where there was a short stretch of snow slush left. I put it in 4WD and gunned so I could get all four wheels spinning. Results? I didn't see any spray on the body. It was about to get dark so this was just a quick test, but I'm heading up to Wisconsin to do some snowboarding tomorrow so we'll see how it fares on a longer road test.

So anyway, pics...

Pre-installation. You'll want to turn your tire all the way to the right to provide clearance for driver's side installation and the opposite for the passenger side.

Rear wheel, pre-installation. You'll be removing that little plastic trim tab attached to the bumper.

Front flap installed

This is the fender liner location where you'll remove the screws. It may have been easier if the liner wasn't frozen, but it was still pretty easy to remove the screws and put the provide U-clips on.

I can tell you that all the snow slush and salt all up the side of my doors was beginning to be a major PITA, so if this helps solve that problem, I can definitely say it was $80 well spent.
Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

So anyway, pics...

Front flap installed

Thanks!!! I understand the pains.... Going to place an order.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really want to like them… even for a temp solution. Some angles don’t look too bad.. but the view from straight back… ugh…

Still glad I canceled, but still no good options available.

Thank you for the post and the detailed pics. Should really help others decide if these will work for them.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

So anyway, pics...

Front flap installed

Thanks for this. The straight shot from the rear gave me pause, but they look to be well worth the money.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post and all the work you did, but these don't float my boat either. They just aren't very attractive-looking (to me). Dunno what I am going to do for mud flaps. Dangit.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the post and all the work you did, but these don't float my boat either. They just aren't very attractive-looking (to me). Dunno what I am going to do for mud flaps. Dangit.
No worries. Definitely not for everyone, but I think they're good enough for me for a temp solution at any rate... as long as they do what they were intended to do. I really believe they're less obnoxious in person though.

At least I didn't have to drill anything, so replacing should be a quick job if something better comes along.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

So anyway, pics...

Front flap installed

Thanks so much for this. From these pics, I might just go with a set for the front. Not too awful with the tube step. The gap is real but not as bad as those first pics. They will probably want to come up with a set more specifically designed for the rock rails.

Do you see any major reason for rears? I’m mostly worried about rock chips in paint, being in Arizona. Doesn’t seem like it would be an issue at the back.

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s late and I’m not going to go look at my bumper right now, but I don’t see why the rear flaps wouldn’t work on a non WildTrak. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,

Promised pics ahead...

So anyway, pics...

Front flap installed

Excellent, excellent, excellent write-up and install pics. thank you!! They do look better than the pic Weathertech sent.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just want to be clear…if anyone knows the correct answer please speak up. On the Weathertech order page, if you have SAS and OEM side steps, you select Wildtrak as your model, and they will fit an OBX with SAS?

In other words, if you have any model with SAS and the steps or rails, you select “Yes” for Wildtrak?

Reactions: Cat

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^Yes, I believe so.