2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats the point if the tops will continue to have a snakeskin appearance? I saw 4 version 2 mic tops this weekend in person and all were showing snakeskin appearance on the front 2 panels and were mismatched shades of grey compared to the rest of the top.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree to produce a POS Ford designed top, to save a few bucks, and get rewarded with another contract to produce more POS tops.

MOD Top 1.0
MOD Top 2.0
MOD Top 3.0

Will all include delamination, sharkskin and peeling paint for no extra charge. However, dealers will be asking $5K ADM for MOD Top Bronco's.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that I had read that Webasto lost the hardtop contract due to the lack of production / quality of production and that it was awarded to another company? I know that Ford at one point mentioned a solid one piece fixed top for a future model, so that could be two of the other tops that Webasto mentions they will build (one for 2 door, one for more door).

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Webasto. We build it nice because we build it twice.
A corollary to this: thereā€™s Never enough time to do it right the first time, but thereā€™s always enough time to do it again.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that I had read that Webasto lost the hardtop contract due to the lack of production / quality of production and that it was awarded to another company? I know that Ford at one point mentioned a solid one piece fixed top for a future model, so that could be two of the other tops that Webasto mentions they will build (one for 2 door, one for more door).
The lost contract was reported by an insider but never confirmed anywhere.

I would like to see a source backing up the solid/fixed hardtop option.

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Believe this sentence sums it up....

But one single, extremely challenging, technological innovative major project of highly strategic importance for the Americas region meant that we again had to absorb a negative result.ā€

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco life is called the waiting game.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
should have been done before Bronco started mass production...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quality MIC 3.0 tops available standalone next year. Will make the wait worth it lol. They've had 2 years of screwing up, how much worse can it get.
I fully expect to warranty replace my upcoming MIC 2.0 with the 3.0 at some point within a year of delivery.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's funny that the contract only lasts until 2026. Most people won't even have their broncos by then. Who's going to make tops for those people. :unsure:
Nobody said there won't be a new contract then.

McBroncface

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla S, Subaru Forrester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Late 2023ā€¦ maybe. Most likely 2024. And by then good chance weā€™ll have a few more aftermarket options as well.

For me as a hard top order holderā€¦ I just want guarenteed pricing on a hard top. I do not mind at all switching to a soft top if it helps Ford get Broncos out the door and helps me get my vehicle faster. But I will not switch to a hard top unless we get some idea what pricing will be.

$3000 - $5000?? Sold, I will switch to a soft top immediately. $7000+? Ainā€™t no way.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

But anyway, $200 million is the type of investment you make when you are thinking long-term. Thatā€™s a good sign because it shows Ford is happy with the sales performance of the Bronco and is in it for the long-haul. But unlikely this will help any of us in the next in the next year. Honestly weā€™re still waiting for the investments Ford made last year to help us today (which they areā€¦ slowly).
Remember that the 2021 dual top ( soft and hard ) pricing was $1700.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that the 2021 dual top ( soft and hard ) pricing was $1700.
Yeah I do remember that.

The wildcard with the hard top is shipping costs. Itā€™ll have to be shipped via freight in a crate, which can be priceyā€”not something you can easily fit into a box on the back of your standard UPS/FedEx truck. If you order the hard top for the factory (or order dual top), the cost of shipping is absorbed into the overall cost to ship the vehicle to your dealer.

Personally Iā€™m expecting for it to be mid-to-high $3000s. But I also didnā€™t expect to see gasoline prices above $4.50/gallon anywhere in this country except maybe California... and yetā€¦ here we are. So who knows what the world has in store for us.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to see a source backing up the solid/fixed hardtop option.
Obviously far from an exact confirmed source, but it seems to be something that's being kicked around the office.

Upscale Ford Bronco With Fixed Roof Might Happen (motor1.com)

"According to an interview conducted by the team at Ford Authority, Ford hasnā€™t ruled out a fixed roof upscale Bronco. Although Ford envisioned most customers driving their Bronco with the roof off, there could still be room for a Land Rover Defender rivaling fixed-roof model."

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No bronco no care