Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of those points really stands out, number one. Ford projected 80% of buyers would get hard tops. If that's true, how on Gawd's green earth were they not prepared? How did they not get their ducks in a row, knowing up front they would have a 70% reservation to order conversion (projected months ago by Ford).

On July 30 there were over 150k reservations (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/official-150k-bronco-reservations-received-already.3108/). Only a couple months later there were at least 190k reservations. So 70% of 190k is 130k orders and 80% would be hard tops, or 105k+. They knew that as of 3rd Qtr of 2020. So, they knew in 3rd Qtr last year they would need 105k+ hard tops.

This article, when objectively read, really shows the lack of leadership on Ford's part. It just reiterates they knew up front what to expect and failed to prepare for it.
190k reservations, but only 120k ordered.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
190k reservations, but only 120k ordered.
That's 10k fewer ordered than what I posted, so they should have anticipated 96k hard tops instead of 105k hard tops. Still, the point stands, Ford knew a year ago what they needed.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reply;
Except that a Soft Does does exist for the 2 Door.
But, Only the 4 Door has a conversion kid by FORD,

Just want to know why the kit is not available .
I get that there is an Accessory option for a 2-door soft top, but that's not exactly the same thing. Doubt the factory production line is setup to install or QC that, and likely don't even have them at the factory. Probably a LOT of adjustments and logistics to set up to make that an option.
Probably doable, but I doubt Ford wants to throw another wrench in to process at this point.

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At least this report on the delays to production is fairly accurate - not blindly blaming Ford or the semiconductor shortage. They even correctly differentiated between MIC and Modular tops.
Nothing new for most of us here on B6G, but maybe it will help the confused masses a bit.
not getting a 2021MY till 2023 for painted modular top seems like a new development to me...

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That‘s what makes this group so fun, isn’t it?
yea and the ones complaining about the ones complaining about a 2021my then being told 'hang tight for a 2023my, for one option clearly are smoking crack for opening their mouth on this topic.
they probably still live at home and use their parents car.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow people complain sooooo damn much like buy a jeep if you don’t want to wait. Even with good news people still keep whining….
Is this just a complaint about people complaining too much?

blu76

First Edition
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How long do you think it would take for another company to design the top, test it, and then put together the tooling to make the top and then setup an organization and build a factory and hire the workers to provide the tops to Ford? How much of an investment would be needed do you think?
A new supplier has already been selected and this process is in the works. Millions invested and time frame isn’t great obviously. When will ford actually relay this information? Not anytime soon with how poorly and inaccurately they give out information. lol

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope people have lost their jobs over this hard top bullshit. Heads deserve to roll over it and for something as ridiculous as a top to potentially delay an order an entire model year is absolutely absurd.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

BJWAHOO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still not sure why dual top orders (me) can’t be filled with soft tops initially, then when MIC tops are more readily available Ford then could fully fulfill those orders.
I've wondered the same thing. I'm in the same boat. Seems like a great way to get vehicles delivered, suck $$ out of my pocket, and create happy customers. I know there are logistical issues with shipping the tops, but it does not seem insurmountable.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A new supplier has already been selected and this process is in the works. Millions invested and time frame isn’t great obviously. When will ford actually relay this information? Not anytime soon with how poorly and inaccurately they give out information. lol
So webasto is going to open a second plant and then lose the contract? Seems like it’s either one or the other.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure if this was already posted here or not.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2...pplier-is-struggling-mightily-to-meet-demand/

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Supplier Is Struggling Mightily To Meet Demand

While 2021 Ford Bronco production has been less affected by the semiconductor chip shortage than most other models, it has been seriously hampered by another supply chain problem – hardtops. The Ford Bronco hardtop supplier – Webasto – has struggled mightily to produce the number of tops that Ford needs to fulfill customer orders, despite the fact that the automaker has invested millions to help fix the problem. Now, we’re learning more about the problems facing the Bronco hardtop supplier via a new report from the Detroit Free Press.

Webasto, a German company, built a brand new plant in Plymouth, Michigan back in 2019, a site that was specifically designed to support Bronco hardtop production. And it appears that another facility could be in the works to help catch up with demand as well. “We are working with Webasto to increase roof production, which could include a second facility in metro Detroit,” Ford spokesperson Said Deep told the Free Press.

Unfortunately, even that expansion won’t lead to meaningful hardtop production until 2022. In the meantime, Ford has trimmed down its available hardtop options available to customers to just one – the Carbonized Gray molded-in color (MIC) top, while delaying other options, including a painted hardtop, to the 2023 model year. The automaker hopes that this will help to right the proverbial ship more quickly than if it offered numerous choices.

Ford originally planned for an 80 percent take rate on hardtop-equipped Broncos, but hardtops are currently only making up around 60 percent of total production as Webasto simply can’t produce enough tops to satisfy customer demand. Ford recently informed order holders that switching to a soft top would make them eligible for September production, and it will include a hardtop prep kit with every soft top Bronco produced beginning that same month.

The reasons for Webasto’s struggles are somewhat complicated and multiple in nature. Part of the problem lies in the fact that much of the company’s tooling and testing equipment resides in Northern Italy and Wuhan, China, both places that were hit incredibly hard by COVID-19. On top of that, Webasto is struggling to find enough workers to make hardtops, which Ford is helping with as well, reportedly sending “many” hourly and salaried employees of its own to the top maker’s Michigan plant.

Meanwhile, Ford is admittedly frustrated by the problem, as are Bronco customers, but the automaker is working with Webasto to rectify the issue. “We’re working as fast as we can,” Deep said. “We want to make everybody happy.”
Webasto, a German company, built a brand new plant in Plymouth, Michigan back in 2019, a site that was specifically designed to support Bronco hardtop production. And it appears that another facility could be in the works to help catch up with demand as well. “We are working with Webasto to increase roof production, which could include a second facility in metro Detroit,” Ford spokesperson Said Deep told the Free Press.
Just wondering as frustrated Wildtrak waiter: Can they build the facility in 10 days like China did hospitals? https://f24.my/67xu