Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Drex

My post was only being lighthearted, however, I have a small story to add... and it even pertains to the automotive area.

I worked for a company making tooling to hold the doors in place on a vehicle while it was to be painted. The company I was at consistently told them things were on track to meet the deadline they had set... but, we hadn’t actually started any part of the job for the first 3-4 months we were supposed to be working on them. In the last few weeks of it they started threatening to pull the job, but also knew that in doing so they would be starting over from zero, or in other words would take even longer. For those last few weeks I was working just over a 100 hours per week, trying to play catch-up... but since the company was mismanaged so badly, we eventually failed and the contract was pulled. They did end up getting some of the pieces, which meant it wasn’t a total loss to them, but still a huge setback I’m sure.

The point is, we’re talking about billion dollar companies dealing with other billion dollar companies and expecting everyone to have their shit together, but that isn’t always the case. The loss of that contract was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever felt in my career... but to the company and the managers there it wasn’t a big deal.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Drex

My post was only being lighthearted, however, I have a small story to add... and it even pertains to the automotive area.

I worked for a company making tooling to hold the doors in place on a vehicle while it was to be painted. The company I was at consistently told them things were on track to meet the deadline they had set... but, we hadn’t actually started any part of the job for the first 3-4 months we were supposed to be working on them. In the last few weeks of it they started threatening to pull the job, but also knew that in doing so they would be starting over from zero, or in other words would take even longer. For those last few weeks I was working just over a 100 hours per week, trying to play catch-up... but since the company was mismanaged so badly, we eventually failed and the contract was pulled. They did end up getting some of the pieces, which meant it wasn’t a total loss to them, but still a huge setback I’m sure.

The point is, we’re talking about billion dollar companies dealing with other billion dollar companies and expecting everyone to have their shit together, but that isn’t always the case. The loss of that contract was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever felt in my career... but to the company and the managers there it wasn’t a big deal.
I think that’s the point that gets lost here. Webasto is an industry leader that every single auto manufacturer uses for a huge array of OEM parts. They are not a supplier that anyone would expect needs to be baby sat. The initial problems of construction and build out of the facility were easy to understand due to lockdowns. Once the facility was ready, which was very recently, it appears they had their B team in charge of startup. Ford is doing what they have to do and they will get this sorted out. I hear they are now producing tops in the hundreds a day, not tens. Hopefully the investments made to get that production to where it needs to be happen sooner than later.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Webasto is an industry leader that every single auto manufacturer uses for a huge array of OEM parts. They are not a supplier that anyone would expect needs to be baby sat.
We've all been brainwashed by "brand-value". Firms even value it on their balance sheet...when in reality corporate cultures have softened accountability to the point where Webasto's F-up is more 'rule than 'exception'. This is the reason AI will cause most folks to be sitting at home watching daytime TV.

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to the grocery store and come back to much smaller thread. Wonder what happen here 🤔
😎👍Perhaps its still early on a 3 day weekend (for most or some at least ... 3 day weekend).

... it will be 30 pages with memes and such in a few hours 🤣👍

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I heard they got that over 200 last couple days. And the issues are all production related, no known leak issues let’s put that B6G created rumor to bed.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the reason AI will cause most folks to be sitting at home watching daytime TV.
Well, that and golden unemployment parachutes! LOL

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe they could take those trees and make wood tops for us. Easy to paint any color...
Or…maybe it was a typo and Ford was actually going to upgrade us all to “tree” headliners? If a tree falls in the woods, can you still hear your B&O sound system? A lumberjack, a Sasquatch, a Webasto employee, and a Bronco owner walk into a bar…who am I kidding, has anyone ever seen a Webasto employee and a Bronco owner? Thank you ladies and germs, I’ll be here all week! Don’t forget to tip your waitress!!!

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ah so Ford was well aware of the issues with its top maker a year before Covid hit in March 2020 and they launched in July 2020. There were literally no surprises to anyone.
Sponsored