Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford concentrated on telling us and the market how good they were doing on EV products and all that. Sucking up to what they perceive as the sweet spot for the next 10 years of enthusiastic buyers. And corporate business media. And the board I suppose - who signs the fat cats' paychecks.

I have no idea when my 4 door BD 2.7L w/MIC and tow hitch 7/17/20 rez is coming. Dealer communication is kind of you'll get it when you get it.

So yesterday I went out and bought the most expensive Subaru Outback I could find - $40K - still cheaper than the Bronco. It's really nice. Leather seats w thigh extender, cool tech, 260-hp w turbo. 0-60 in 6.3. Great ride. Made in Indiana. 50% US components, 35% Japan.

As other's mentioned - Ford's situation here is made for a textbook on marketing misfire and failure. Do they even care about Bronco customer's at the tippy top?

And while I'm ranting - the engine bays look horrible with all the jumble of wires and tubes. Would you accept that from your electrician or plumber? Don't tell me it can't be done. The engine bays of my Alfa and brand new Subie are beautiful. I want to spend more money in the US - figure this out!

I had to laugh - at the vendor reveal a customer goes under the soft top that was partially open while asking rep how does it stay open. As he lifted it the prop rod came loose and fell on his head. "Founnd It" .... hey Ford, how bout a one way friction hinge in the mechanism maybe? While your cleanin up the engine bay.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Environmental study, street protection permit, building permit and soil erosion permit, tree fee of $375 per tree removed and another permit to remove the stumps.

Sounds like they are so far behind it will be soft tops for years.

Or they could just build the tops in China like Apple does with the iPhone. Tesla made an entire car factory in china in less than half a year. It took Tesla just 168 working days to go from permits to a finished plant. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tesla-s-shanghai-gigafactory-in-just-168-days
Maybe Ford needs to look at other options for making tops.

The factory in Plymouth has been in the works for 3 years and we still have no tops!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that’s what I would do if I had a potential billion dollars in earnings on the line. Contract the tops of my vehicles with a company that has to build a factory before they can make the tops. NOT!

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to the grocery store and come back to much smaller thread. Wonder what happen here 🤔
This is happening a lot on b6g.

Like when 4WP put the price up on their lifts and then when people pointed out that the Sasquatch package was cheaper and came with more upgrades, they said it was a mistake and the prices should not have been posted and all of those posts got deleted.

Ford did the same with early leaked photos of a base bronco. The photos were only on B6G for a short time before they were removed. (this was over a year and a half ago)

You need to watch this form like a hawk to see the good leaks before they get deleted. If a post has too much information it will be removed for sure.

I was very lucky to see the early photo of the bronco base before it was removed, that photo let me know I wanted a bronco for sure.

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"From Here to Eternity" LOL

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is ridiculous. Ford should have known better than to let webasto have someone clear trees without proper permits against their knowledge. Another ball dropped by Ford.
Its no more Ford's fault than it is Webasto's probably. I doubt Webasto had employees out there with chain saws. They hired someone to do the work and part of that usually involves contracts that likely require permitting. I'm just tired of everyone piling on Ford and Webasto. Sure there is enough blame to go around, but folks are trying to pin everything on them.

Sponsored

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its no more Ford's fault than it is Webasto's probably. I doubt Webasto had employees out there with chain saws. They hired someone to do the work and part of that usually involves contracts that likely require permitting. I'm just tired of everyone piling on Ford and Webasto. Sure there is enough blame to go around, but folks are trying to pin everything on them.
I agree bro my post was sarcastic🤙🏼

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that’s the point that gets lost here. Webasto is an industry leader that every single auto manufacturer uses for a huge array of OEM parts. They are not a supplier that anyone would expect needs to be baby sat. The initial problems of construction and build out of the facility were easy to understand due to lockdowns. Once the facility was ready, which was very recently, it appears they had their B team in charge of startup. Ford is doing what they have to do and they will get this sorted out. I hear they are now producing tops in the hundreds a day, not tens. Hopefully the investments made to get that production to where it needs to be happen sooner than later.
That’s great and all. And it seems they’ve been well aware of these issues for some time. Yet they launched anyway. And then they told us that we’d have our build estimates in May. Ford isn’t blameless here. They’re trying to BS their way through it instead of being honest with their consumers.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is happening a lot on b6g.

Like when 4WP put the price up on their lifts and then when people pointed out that the Sasquatch package was cheaper and came with more upgrades, they said it was a mistake and the prices should not have been posted and all of those posts got deleted.

Ford did the same with early leaked photos of a base bronco. The photos were only on B6G for a short time before they were removed. (this was over a year and a half ago)

You need to watch this form like a hawk to see the good leaks before they get deleted. If a post has too much information it will be removed for sure.

I was very lucky to see the early photo of the bronco base before it was removed, that photo let me know I wanted a bronco for sure.
Doug deleted the posts in this thread not me, but I looked at all the deleted posts and there is exactly zero useful information. It was all shit flinging that added nothing to the discussion.
Sponsored