avanny

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know what the weight limit of those screws above the driver/passenger head are?

I have paracord grab handles and am wanting to hang something from them, but I’m worried about the weight limit.

Any insight would be super helpful! Thanks
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are some pretty stout 6mm screws - way more than necessary to hold a plastic airbag cover in place, so maybe they’re purposely designed to hold heavy accesories.

In any case, you can find similar pairs of screws holding up the rear end of 500 lb. motorcycles sitting on paddock stands (even with someone sitting on the seat), so I have no concerns whatsoever that the paracord handles aren’t strong enough.

I have Bartact handles, and I can pull my body weight up on them, and they feel pretty solid.

There are probably some engineers here who can tell you the exact shear strenghth of a 6mm grade 5.8 (maybe even 8.8) screw…

OP
OP
avanny

avanny

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I agree. I’m planning on using it to hold up ends of a hammock though, and my full body weight half-supported on that handle seems… scary lol

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why? You can wrap a strap around the whole roll bar and attach the hammock that way. This will also allow you to wrap the hammock over the top and give you a bit more height too.

OP
OP
avanny

avanny

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair question. It’s for a 4-way hammock that hangs inside the vehicle.

Wrapping it where you suggest is possible, but then it interferes with the window rolling up all the way and I’d have to take the top panels off to set it up (which is no big deal, but not preferable)
Sponsored