First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen II Ford Raptor, '22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How much weight will I be lifting when I remove the back half of the MIC roof from my 2 door Bronco? I could find the front panel weights but I have been unable to find any information on the back shell. I believe that on a 2 door Jeep Wrangler it's about 80#. Thanks for an answer.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like I heard 60#, but I could be wrong. There was a post on here last year showing 1 person doing it by themselves, but it looked suspect. 60# isn't that much, but it looked awkward as hell with just one person doing it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

~60 4 door
~80 2 door

I can get the 4 door off solo pretty easy but putting it back on need a wife. Would probably not attempt that with extra weight of 2 door.

OP
OP
Fathom

Fathom

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen II Ford Raptor, '22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First, thanks for the responses. It makes sense that the weight of the clam shell would be around 80# so my suspicions were correct. I've used a Harbor Freight winch that runs on 110v for over 10years for my JK but because of size I won't be able to get the Bronco into the space I used for the Wrangler. I have to move the winch pulley to a garage which has a concrete ceiling (under another garage). I'm a little concerned about drilling into the underside of a stressed floor but I think the ceiling can support 80#....hope I don't find out the hard way it won't!

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe it’s 80#

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A bit over 80lbs. It's not too heavy to lift solo (I manage to lift the hard top off my son's 95 Bronco with 6" lift and 35s as well) but it's REALLY REALLY awkward - because of the rear glass assembly, the center of gravity seems to be located RIGHT OVER the top of the rear roll bar, and there isn't enough room for me to get my hands in there and lift.
Sponsored