First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was not able to find it. Has anyone seen what the weight of the MIC hardtop is going to be?

I’m assuming it will take two people to remove it because of the awkward shape/size alone. Thinking the glass is going to add the majority of the weight to it. Also assuming the front top panels do not stay connected for removal to the rest of it.

Thinking of ways to store the hardtop so it’s out of the way when it is removed and not just laying on the ground.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure of the weight, but there is a very nice 3 point hoist out there. I checked it out when I bought my Jeep, but of course I can't remember who made the thing. Getting old sux, but it does beat the alternative. :) I do remember the price was reasonable if you're able to use something like that. Oh, and you're correct, it will take 2 people. Three would be better, because they are quite unwieldy.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door.
Front panels 13 and 14 lbs respectively
2nd row 27 lbs
Clamshell, about 80 (if I remember correctly, if not, someone will no doubt be speedily along to let me know)

Per rep at Bronco event I attended

Eta: 68 lbs for rear

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was not able to find it. Has anyone seen what the weight of the MIC hardtop is going to be?

I’m assuming it will take two people to remove it because of the awkward shape/size alone. Thinking the glass is going to add the majority of the weight to it. Also assuming the front top panels do not stay connected for removal to the rest of it.

Thinking of ways to store the hardtop so it’s out of the way when it is removed and not just laying on the ground.
Check Amazon. The Harken top hoist has changed from just Jeep to Jeep/Bronco hoist.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The roof segments (1st and 2nd row) you'll be able to pop out on your own, but the shell on the back will be a two-person lift for sure (or as others noted, getting a hoist-type device).

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The roof segments (1st and 2nd row) you'll be able to pop out on your own, but the shell on the back will be a two-person lift for sure (or as others noted, getting a hoist-type device).
68 lbs of the 4dr rear top isn’t a “for sure” two person lift or hoist-a-top necessary. I bet some folks will find they can lift it themselves say onto a wall mounted rack. Just gotta find the best center-of-gravity lift points from underneath.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs