Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks like 95 lb on the 4 dr JK, vs 68 for the Bronco. Yeah, I have alot more options for storage during the summer..
Not to mention that without the "diving board" on the Bronco clamshell, it will be a lot less cumbersome and a lot safer to store than the JK top.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For visual reference:

(ignore the size of that gunners hatch, it’s inaccurate)

1617850493273.jpeg
1617850565759.png
Have you seen any published data and/or pictures on the size of the gunner's hatch on the 2-Door MOD top? I've mainly been going off of this picture for reference but I didn't realize it was inaccurate.

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
70lbs on that rear cap? Shittttt. I’ll be able to pop that off all by myself.
1617849925395.gif

getting it from the alleyway, over the fence and into storage may be a different story...
This was probably THE biggest selling point for me of the Bronco. Next to the 2.7.

If the rear cap is truly 68 pounds, that's just about 30 pounds lighter than the rear cap on the Wrangler's hard top. Not to mention, because the middle panel is separate, the rear cap will be much less awkward to remove.

This is SUCH good news.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen any published data and/or pictures on the size of the gunner's hatch on the 2-Door MOD top? I've mainly been going off of this picture for reference but I didn't realize it was inaccurate.
No measurements. When this drawing came out some insiders stated it was inaccurate based on everything they had seen... but we still haven't actually been able to crawl around a Mod top... and it seems like they are still finalizing its design in general.

“Bronco Dealer Playbook” describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger “Gunner’s Hatch” and confirms removable rear windows.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still worth while to do - maybe not a motorized winch but some sort of pulley system.
Most adult men (especially those who workout) should EASILY be able to lift 70-80lb, however, the size and shape of the object is what makes it difficult. I am 90% positive I will not be able to bear hug the rear cap and then just casually and with great care, set the top down with out smashing it into shit.
Yeah while the weight isn't awful I have no doubts I'd either wreck myself, my back or the whole rear section if I tried to take it off myself. Most likely just going to resort to help from friends when the time comes.

I also am really hoping we see a soft top that covers the front 2 sections and bolts to the rear cap. Personally that would be most ideal as storing that cap is also going to be a pain.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
My neighbor just got a 4D 2021 Rubicon and told me the removable top is over 120lbs. He installed a winch system in the ceiling of his garage so he could remove it.
I had the same idea when I first started really reading up on the new Bronco back in 2019/2020, but then I heard about the Top Lift Pro lift system. I'll buy one of those first so I can ditch the top on Day One with the Bronco.

If I really wanted to, I could probably muscle the top off myself but in my old age, I have nothing to prove to anyone, I've grown incredibly lazy, and I have increasingly less patience for doing things the hard way. Plus, that device keeps it in the air so I don't have to bend over and lift it back up to put it on.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t even deadlift 12lbs let alone 13.45 how am I supposed to do this by myself?
As a misanthrope myself I hate to say this... but... even if you could lift it yourself, it helps to have a friend just because of the shape and size.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The front panels are lighter than I thought they'd be.

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
70lbs on that rear cap? Shittttt. I’ll be able to pop that off all by myself.
Ford Bronco Weight of the 2021 Bronco Hardtop Panel Pieces and Soft Top plastics

getting it from the alleyway, over the fence and into storage may be a different story...
My thoughts exactly. Also - the rear cap should be small enough for one person. Not as awkward as the Jeep with the cap and rear passenger being together as one.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sort of worried that the MIC being so light weight also means it will be flimsy and noisy compared to a Jeep Hardtop(or a modular bronco top available in 2022).

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend