Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I thought you were asking why the difference between the size of the front panels of the 2 vs 4 door.
I can't speak for @Toccoa, but I figured that it wouldn't have been out of the question for the front two panels on the 2 and 4 doors to be interchangeable.

The fact that they are listed as different weights suggests they are not.
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still worth while to do - maybe not a motorized winch but some sort of pulley system.
Most adult men (especially those who workout) should EASILY be able to lift 70-80lb, however, the size and shape of the object is what makes it difficult. I am 90% positive I will not be able to bear hug the rear cap and then just casually and with great care, set the top down with out smashing it into shit.
Agree weight isn't the issue... problem is how do you navigate something so bulky and awkward without either damaging any paint or the top itself? Assuming you do get it off safely then where do you store the damn thing? Going to invest in a ceiling lift / storage solution for convenience if not necessity.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t even deadlift 12lbs let alone 13.45 how am I supposed to do this by myself?
Is anyone else bothered by the two decimal places here? It's not even rounded from the nearest ounce, which is the only conceivable reason to list the numbers so precisely.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting that the 2DR & 4DR front panels are different weights. I would have thought they were the same. 🤷‍♂️
[/QU
The doors on two doors are always longer than the front two on a four door, so it makes since the panels would be a little longer and heavier.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The doors on two doors are always longer than the front two on a four door, so it makes since the panels would be a little longer and heavier.
From the pictures I've seen, the front panels on the 4DR go to the back of the B-pillar and the front panels on the 2DR go to the front of its B-pillar. That puts them in roughly the same place. If they are different sizes, it's by a very small amount. I still wonder if it's just different seals that make up the weight difference. We're talking .66 lbs for the driver side and 1.1 lbs for the passenger side. Not a lot of difference.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have removed this canopy by myself a couple of times and it was a struggle (next to impossible to put it on alone), so I am quite happy with the weight of the two door rear section.

Ford Bronco Weight of the 2021 Bronco Hardtop Panel Pieces and Soft Top husky sunrise

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else bothered by the two decimal places here? It's not even rounded from the nearest ounce, which is the only conceivable reason to list the numbers so precisely.
Maybe they weighed it in kilograms, and then converted it to pounds so us imperial mouth breathers could understand?

;)

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can tell you that after getting a feel for the weight of the front panels this week at Cel-East, they are noticeably lighter than the Jeep's panels.
There have been times when I felt like removing my front panels, and didn't because they're heavy/bulky and a pain-in-the-ass to remove and store in their bags. Especially if you're short or trying to remove them in a narrow garage without banging them into your vehicle or wall.
There may be drawbacks (higher noise levels?) of a thinner/lighter panel. But if they end up being removed more often because of their ease-of-use, it'll make the Bronco driving/ownership experience more enjoyable, and may outweigh those drawbacks.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
n/m

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the pictures I've seen, the front panels on the 4DR go to the back of the B-pillar and the front panels on the 2DR go to the front of its B-pillar. That puts them in roughly the same place. If they are different sizes, it's by a very small amount. I still wonder if it's just different seals that make up the weight difference. We're talking .66 lbs for the driver side and 1.1 lbs for the passenger side. Not a lot of difference.
A graphic I saw posted shows the lengths of the front doors
2 door = 48.2"
4 door = 42.2"

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can one person safely remove the center panel on the 4 door?

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Courtesy Bronco Nation.
Ford Bronco Weight of the 2021 Bronco Hardtop Panel Pieces and Soft Top husky sunrise
Just wondering if these weights from 2+ years ago are still good, say, for model year 2022's...(?)
Anyone know definitively?
Sponsored