Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I went into my local discount tire store today and decided to purchase my set of 35” Nitto trail grapplers and fuel covert wheels. After ordering the tires the rep at discount got on the phone to see availability for the fuel covert wheels. The size I was going to get was 17x9 in a -12 offset. The discount tire rep told that the offset wasn’t super aggressive so it wouldn’t poke the wheel out too much. After being on the phone the fuel wheel rep told him that those wouldn’t fit because of the offset and that I would need to get a more negative offset because of the wheels possibly rubbing on the suspension. He said to get like -20 instead. Tell me how that makes any sense to get that aggressive when the bronco Sasquatch is running +35??? They said they were basing it off the ranger suspension and we all know that’s not that same thing as bronco. Anyone else hear anything else like this or had problems with getting wheels yet?

BC514FAC-5BEF-461B-8E09-62849300E0BE.jpeg
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the sas is +35. Then that wheel would stick out ~2". That's fairly aggressive if you ask me. Just wait.
Sas is +30

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 1618285892642

But still. No way on a negative.

Overland concept has 0 offset of memory serves me...

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 1618286057360

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sasquatch is a 17x8.5 rim. You going wider means more rim to move to the outer edge.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch is a 17x8.5 rim. You going wider means more rim to move to the outer edge.
That’s why I thought the -12 offset would work because of the wider wheel. I guess not

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I went into my local discount tire store today and decided to purchase my set of 35” Nitto trail grapplers and fuel covert wheels. After ordering the tires the rep at discount got on the phone to see availability for the fuel covert wheels. The size I was going to get was 17x9 in a -12 offset. The discount tire rep told that the offset wasn’t super aggressive so it wouldn’t poke the wheel out too much. After being on the phone the fuel wheel rep told him that those wouldn’t fit because of the offset and that I would need to get a more negative offset because of the wheels possibly rubbing on the suspension. He said to get like -20 instead. Tell me how that makes any sense to get that aggressive when the bronco Sasquatch is running +35??? They said they were basing it off the ranger suspension and we all know that’s not that same thing as bronco. Anyone else hear anything else like this or had problems with getting wheels yet?

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 1618286057360
Nice wheels: Just remember that the original wheels are 17 x 8.5, so the offsets compare with a 17 x 9.0 wheel. That said, a 17 x 9.0, with a -12 offset is out farther than the 8.5 wheels. If you want to go to a -20, I don’t think that’s a problem, because it will only push it out about 3/8” more than the -12. Personally, I think the best look will be a finished total, regardless of wheel width, of 4.50” to 4.75” of backspace... but that is completely up to the end user.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s why I thought the -12 offset would work because of the wider wheel. I guess not
I’m wondering if it would rub the wheel well at -12. That’s a lot of wheel sticking out past the bolts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice wheels: Just remember that the original wheels are 17 x 8.5, so the offsets compare with a 17 x 9.0 wheel. That said, a 17 x 9.0, with a -12 offset is out farther than the 8.5 wheels. If you want to go to a -20, I don’t think that’s a problem, because it will only push it out about 3/8” more than the -12. Personally, I think the best look will be a finished total, regardless of wheel width, of 4.50” to 4.75” of backspace... but that is completely up to the end user.
So on the 17x9 wheel you would want a more negative offset right? Or would a +1 offset work?

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As well I decided to just play it safe for now and ordered the method 305’s that they showed on the ford performance mod at The Moab event. If the fuel wheels work then I will change them out once all the aftermarket companies have more info. That’s the biggest pain is no one knows about anything still. Everyone is in the dark it seems like.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on the 17x9 wheel you would want a more negative offset right? Or would a +1 offset work?
You want more positive offset. It seems counterintuitive until you think about what how offset impacts to the tire when turning lock-to-lock

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think we will have the answer till normal people are getting their broncos delivered.

On other vehicles tire rim changes can be tricky and anything not stock will be the same here.

Does it rub on the In-side or on the outer fender? You need to change the offset in different directions for those two things. Wider tires and wider rims make both worse. Do you care to cut you fenders to make it fit? If it rubs only on the outer fender maybe a body lift will help, but if the tire hits the inside a body lift will not help at all.

Then broncos come in 3 heights so there will be 3 sets of tire fitting gides. With different tires and rims fitting on each suspension option. But there could be even more limits because one of the trims comes with extra mud flaps and for that trim it could be another limiting factor.

It will just take time to sort out.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch wheels are 17x8.5 with +30 offset, which means 5.93” of backspacing.

Your fuel wheels at 17x9 with -12 offset should have 4.53” of backspacing so you should be fine.
Sponsored