Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes more sense because i was super confused. i have a 2019 Ranger and was like why wouldnt it fit if its the same bolt pattern. I mean i have a negative offset on my truck right now and have zero problems with it.
Even if the suspension components were exactly the same, you still don’t know what else is going on in that Bronco wheel well that the same wheel/tire combo will end up interfering on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if the suspension components were exactly the same, you still don’t know what else is going on in that Bronco wheel well that the same wheel/tire combo will end up interfering on.
Yeah thats true! This is why this sucks to get anything because no one knows jack crap with the vehicle. I wish Ford would have done a better job at releasing this info so we could have no problems replacing things or doing upgrades.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You said it! The vast majority of wheels are cheap and made for multiple applications >> The overwhelming vast majority of wheels, even some high quality ones are overbored and use centering rings shimmed down to the correct size.

You can buy wheels that are made for multiple applications if you wish but why not spend a little bit more to get a wheel that was made for your vehicle?

I run Titan7s on my Raptor. Forged, super light and strong with the correct hub bore. BTW .... Bronco application coming soon.

1618325718085.png

1618325790768.png

1618325816001.png
That's a great looking wheel.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not good at this tech stuff... so I have to one finger tap stuff out... I can’t grab those links and stuff everyone else does... 😂

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you'd like to know how the calculator finds all the numbers...

Wheel offset determines where the mounting surface is in relation to the centerline of the wheel.
0 offset means the mounting surface is on the centerline.

Positive offset moves that surfaces toward the outside of the wheel, essentially pushing the wheel under the fender more.

Negative offset moves the surface toward the inside of the wheel, making the wheel jut out more.

Backspacing is the measurement from the mounting surface to the inside surface of the wheel, so it is calculated by Wheel width/2 + Offset. Positive offset means more backspacing and vice versa.

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires Wheel Offset.PNG

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Stuff is weird and not intuitive to me.
The offset measurement baffled me for the longest time.
I hated it, I was used to backspacing.
I prefer offset now... IF ..... the concern is TIRE clearance.
The basic image that is generated by the calculator you linked to REALLY helped me to understand the issue.
There is a reason they don't ask for the wheel width.
Everything is based off of the centerline and the mounting surface relationship.

Now, if you think the actual aluminum wheel will contact the suspension, back spacing is a VERY handy measurement to have.

I wish I could go into more detail, but I only have my cell phone at work.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Stuff is weird and not intuitive to me.
Actually counterintuitive to me. Positive offset sets wheel in more? I have to stop and think every time I see it. It's like a local street, you have to exit to stay on the street, every time I get to that intersection I have to say "Get off to stay on" under my breath.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually counterintuitive to me. Positive offset sets wheel in more? I have to stop and think every time I see it. It's like a local street, you have to exit to stay on the street, every time I get to that intersection I have to say "Get off to stay on" under my breath.
It's because the "offset" is not referring to the wheel as a whole, but rather to the hub mounting surface. Positive offset moves that surface in a "positive" direction relative to the wheel's centerline and vice versa.

Hub mounting surface position and wheel position are inversely related, so it can definitely seem counterintuitive if you think in terms of where your wheels will end up.

This link helped me understand how offset and backspacing work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good news is I called back and told them i wanted the 17x9 wheels with a +1 offset instead for the fuel covert and they let me know that they would fit no problem.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they’re telling you the issue has to do with rubbing the suspension, it could be just the design of that wheel. Instead of having a outward tapered barrel, it could be that it is a straighter one with a smaller diameter at the inside bead. Note, they are only suggesting an extra 8mm of offset, so it probably only rubs the suspension at maximum travel. All of this is speculation of course, but with different wheels having different dimensions, there’s more to it than just offset. This is a rough sketch, so don’t laugh, lol.
42958AAB-FBA8-4D33-B6AB-DCE2CD0F30CD.jpeg
Well it's not going to rub like that specifically. None of the UCA is inside the rim. It could rub the knuckle though.

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires dims

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So on the 17x9 wheel you would want a more negative offset right? Or would a +1 offset work?
when you look at the details for each wheel, it shows you that it has a +35 or 0 or -12 or -20 or whatever. Maybe the next box to the tight tell you what the Actual backspace is for each wheel width. These might be 4.5” or 4.75” or even 5.37”. Regardless of everything else, you probably want 4.5 to 4.75, but it’s up to you.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did I do this right? I threw a 37in tire in that configurator with the same wheel specs and offset for sasquatch and it seems the tire would be negligibly closer on the inside. Which would lead me to believe I could use the stock rims with 37s and a 2in lift. Be kind if I am not seeing this right.

Ford Bronco Weird info from ordering my wheels and tires 1618504343463