Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got a phone call from the dealer where I have a walk in order for a 2 door base with manual transmission. Per the dealer, Ford has instructed them to reach out to order holders to see if they'll change their order. If I wanted to change my order to a 4 door, soft top, with automatic trans, they could build my Bronco faster. She couldn't say how much quicker because she honestly has no idea. I said, thanks but no thanks, I could maybe switch to the 4 door, but I had to have a manual.....

Anyone else get a call like this?
Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has been Ford's message for some time now. Hard tops (so all 2 doors) have been an issue for awhile. It is becoming less of an issue but still matters currently. Look up commodity constraints. It also explains the push to drop the MT, tow package, lux, and a few others.

OP
OP
Blackcat

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I know the Hard top has been an issue since pretty much the beginning. Stinks to hear that the MT is now a constraint.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I know the Hard top has been an issue since pretty much the beginning. Stinks to hear that the MT is now a constraint.
Did you test drive the MT? What were your thoughts? I thought I would go with the MT, but it seemed very sluggish and felt more like driving a big rig than anything to me. So, I went with the AT instead.

OP
OP
Blackcat

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you test drive the MT? What were your thoughts? I thought I would go with the MT, but it seemed very sluggish and felt more like driving a big rig than anything to me. So, I went with the AT instead.
No, I haven't driven a MT, but I'm not worried about it's performance. I have a 3.5 eco in my F150 if I need to go fast!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
or maybe, just maybe... the dealer is trying to get 4 door soft top build that they can get and sell faster...and Ford has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored