Sponsored

Weird Question - does your gear selection (PRNDM) illuminate at night?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gotta tell ya, I used the heated steering wheel a couple more times this week and it was much warmer than the first time I tried... Is yours still acting weak?
Interesting. Yes...still weak. If I didn't have it on truck I wouldn't have any idea what's warm or not. It's cold here now so it's on all the time. Think I'm coughing up some coin for an OBD2 unit and adjust setting through Forscan on heat as suggested.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing against anyone that is annoyed by this specifically, but I will say that I'm pretty impressed by the night lighting in general. I've only had my Bronco since Saturday but have been driving it every chance I get... with at least one night drive every evening. My kids have even commented how cool the cockpit is at night.

To be fair, I have had to look at the digital cluster to make sure I'm in the right gear when playing with the GOAT modes. You have to go to N for some of the modes to engage them and then back to D. I'll need to make a habit of looking at the digital cluster instead of the shifter.

Deleted member 19285

Yeah, noticed that on another rig I had. On the 2017 Raptor, it lit up. The 2020 Raptor didn’t. It was an odd thing to skimp on.
The Bronco is a rugged off road vehicle, if you want lighted gear indicators, buy a fancy-pants luxury car, like a Subaru.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is a rugged off road vehicle, if you want lighted gear indicators, buy a fancy-pants luxury car, like a Subaru.
I was talking about my $68k Raptor but thanks for the bad advice. I’ll be sure to treasure it.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The pattern has been PRNDL for how many years now? Why would you need to look down?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess this was different from the other thread about this? 🤷‍♂️

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/transmission-shifter-light.27855/

Overall the creative answers in that thread revolved around the (valid) ideas of:

• You're driving an automatic, how hard can that be?
  • Looking at the dashboard for your gear selection is vastly too difficult for those only able to drive an automatic transmission, maybe just park the rig somewhere and let it brick itself?
  • Aftermarket gear selection gauge you could strap on top of the dash to duplicate the information available to you elsewhere in real-time (great idea!)

Good luck with getting her in motion after sundown!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess this was different from the other thread about this? 🤷‍♂️

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/transmission-shifter-light.27855/

Overall the creative answers in that thread revolved around the (valid) ideas of:

• You're driving an automatic, how hard can that be?
  • Looking at the dashboard for your gear selection is vastly too difficult for those only able to drive an automatic transmission, maybe just park the rig somewhere and let it brick itself?
  • Aftermarket gear selection gauge you could strap on top of the dash to duplicate the information available to you elsewhere in real-time (great idea!)

Good luck with getting her in motion after sundown!
Cheers to you Rick on Drinksgiving Eve!!

211ED64C-972D-4690-A0E8-04D98AE3FF17.gif
Sponsored